LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Need Help with Wiring Harness Issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 07:08 AM

Need Help with Wiring Harness Issues

Went to fire up the new motor last night, and nothing. I programmed the computer, so it has power. I also had power to the fuel pump, head and tail-lights, horn, etc. I didn't have any power to the radia, windows, locks, and the starter would not even attempt to hit when I turned the key.

I have gutted a lot of stuff from the car, and have installed a TH-400. The automatic worked fine last year. I wired the reverse lights, and the neutral/park (clutch) safety switch into the auto shifter (B&M). I had no issues with this since the tranny went in last year.

During this rebuild, I had a cage installed and removed the heat and AC for now. I had all of the wiring harnesses out of the engine compartment and from the dash area removed. Now that everything is back in, I have a couple of harnesses that must go somewhere not hooked up. There is a green harness along the passenger kick panel. The wires leading from it go to the side of the car???? I cannot figure out if this went to something for the heater.

I have four harnesses coming in from the engine compartment (white, blue, black, and a little two wire one that I believe was to the sensor in the AC evaporator.

I also have a pretty heavy guaged wire under the driver side dash. It is pinkish orange color with a black connector on the end of it. I have no idea where it goes.

I have had so many things in and out of the car over the years. I should have taken better notes. If anyone can offer any help, I greatly appreciate it.

Also, are there any good places with wiring schematics better than what is in a Haynes manual.

Thanks,
Craig