LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

new ideas for winter need some feedback

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 10:43 PM

new ideas for winter need some feedback

I know my plans for this winter are too build a 9 second lt1. I have a pretty good sized budget for my lt1 so I wanted to try too get into low 9's possibly 8's. Questions arising are will I need any special block work too make over 1000 hp?
http://lt1boost.net/twin_turbo_kit. This was the direction I was thinking about going. Big stuff 3 stand alone,hogan sheet metal intake,custom turbo cam, a set of le2's with the combustion chambers opened up too 65cc hopefully"that's alot of grinding". Different heads are an option. I was gonna go with a towards track smart crank, rods, and j.e dished pistons. I was thinking around 8to 1 so I could run max boost. Now for the drivetrain I wanna go with a th400 with transbrake and gear vendors over drive,Denny's pro driveshaft, and a strange s60 rear. I was gonna install a j.e.g.s 10 point cage as well. For a torque converter I was thinking a vigilante 3600 setup loose. I was also planning on running a small shot of nitrous and a m.e.t.h injection kit as well. Anybody have experience with a similar setup? Im gonna go with a 358 ci motor. I know I left some necessities out of the equation like bigger injectors, arp head studs, and numerous other little things but if I've forgotten anything big feel free too chime in. Im figuring around 20k too do this build as I have heads,head studs,all new suspension, and have a buyer for my top end that is currently on the car. Also have Mallory hyfireVI as well. Thanks in advance for all your opinions and feedback
Old 10-26-2011, 01:55 AM

Re: new ideas for winter need some feedback

Do you really need 1000hp for 9s. I would think the cheapest road to a 9sec lt1 would be a 383+ cc 4-bolt block, good aftermarket AI heads, with a matching cam for nx, intake to match heads with direct port nx along with a well built trans, yank stall, good supension, rear, and a lot of traction. But I guess if you are stuck on a boost built that will work too; I think the yank stall will be the better choice in either build. You could just copy this build http://advancedinduction.com/Results...effGilbert.php

Last edited by henryz28; 10-26-2011 at 02:06 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:36 AM

Re: new ideas for winter need some feedback

No but with the turn of a **** on a well setup car 8's are there also.turbo cars are very streetable imho. Big cammed high compression motors tend not too be. I love spray don't get me wrong but it always runs out which is the only negative. Turbo is always there and easily adjusted. I believe that a turbos make up for a lack of cubes as well. I think I could honestly hit a high 9 with my setup right now if I installed the new heads, custom cam and went too a 200 shot. But I wanna build the car once for the next 4-5 years and I think this is the way too do it. Hard too consistently hit 9's with a mainly stock bottom end and lots of spray and be reliable.