LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

New product in PHR..."Plasma Booster"

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2003, 10:41 PM

New product in PHR..."Plasma Booster"

hey fellas,
Just got the new Popular Hot Rodding today, and they have a pretty nice review of a product from http://www.ignitionsolutions.com
called the "plasma Booster".

At first I was like "whatever....plasma booster lol" But PHR showed a couple dyno runs where it seemed to make a bit of a difference. Anyone heard of this before?
Apparently, it just hooks up to your coil with two wires. I sent the company an email asking for more info, so we will see what they have to say. I asked specificly for LT1 info.
Opinions????
I wonder if this will turn out to be another "Tornado"
Old 07-15-2003, 10:56 PM

Well, I don't know if it is another tornado, but it might be.

One of my friends has one of these on his 4.6 Mustang and he really didn't notice a difference in power. From what I see by looking at it I don't see how it does much of anything. It is just a box with some very small gauge wires tapped into the small coil wires. I don't see where it could help anything.

I don't know how much it costs, but I would suggest saving that money towards the purchase of a msd setup of your choice. That will probablly be more expensive than this thing, but ussually you get what you pay for. Some people say that they couldn't tell much difference after installing ignitions, but I felt better throttle response and better upper rpm power when I installed mine. Nothing major, but I could feel it in the seat of my pants. Some people here refer to that as the ole' "butt dyno".

If you decide to try it out, post back to let us know what you think. I have only seen one, so they may be worth it, I am just real unsure of them.

Good luck