LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

New Professional Products Throttlebodies smokin!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 12:49 PM

Re: New Professional Products Throttlebodies smokin!!!

A quick search brought up this article, about a mustang rag testing products from this company and how everything turned out...
Old 03-22-2006, 03:40 PM

I dont care how cheap those parts are Ill never buy one because they are all based on a stolen design. But for those believing they make an inferior product, I wouldnt be surprised at all if they were the same quality if not a little better than Edelbrocks. China today is quite different than China 15 years ago.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by turbo_Z
I dont care how cheap those parts are Ill never buy one because they are all based on a stolen design. But for those believing they make an inferior product, I wouldnt be surprised at all if they were the same quality if not a little better than Edelbrocks. China today is quite different than China 15 years ago.
They are inferior, plain and simple. They keep costs down by doing no R&D on there own, which even though the design is a copy-cat leaves room for error. A good example of this would be the Balancers they offer that rub the opti, and wear a hole in them. That article posted shows exactly that, the castings are far from perfect and ports vary a great deal. The intake we had was very poor quality throughout, flaws through the entire thing, would be great if i wanted to port the whole intake, but with that much time and energy i could have paid the additional money for a quality part. You won't see me buying there junk again. The fact that they steal others designs is BS too, another reason I would buy anything from them. I would be all about a lower cost alternative in a performance part, but I wouldn't give up quality to do so. Just my $.02.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:16 PM

There is nothing you can buy that someone else can't make a little crappier and sell a little cheaper.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Bud M
There is nothing you can buy that someone else can't make a little crappier and sell a little cheaper.
Yes, and it's always easier to sell someone **** than it is to give them the truth.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:24 PM

Too bad its not a nice design ... The throttle bodies for these cars are up there compared to some of the 5.0 stuff still ... It was worth hoping for lol ...
Old 03-22-2006, 10:31 PM

Aftermarket throttle bodies have enough problems as it is. I can't even begin to imagine a Chinese piece
Old 03-22-2006, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by 89385formula
They are inferior, plain and simple. They keep costs down by doing no R&D on there own, which even though the design is a copy-cat leaves room for error.
Well they do a good job of putting American companies out of business. My grandfather used to work for a company that made molds for just about anything. Chinese companies were always outbidding him b/c they could find people to work for $1/day keeping costs down. At first their products were junk and nothing working right. So his company would basically fix their mistakes and still made money but then China got smarter and their work got a lot better... company went under like a lot of others. Look at GM.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:14 PM
Administrator

OK... this thread has lost its relevance to "LT1/LT4 Engine Tech". If someone wants to continue it, move it to the Lounge.