LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

No more TA for me...thanks for all the help over the years!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 08:50 AM

Smile No more TA for me...thanks for all the help over the years!

Sold the TA yesterday. Traded it in for a brand new top of the line Nissan Sentra 1.8S. Its sooo slow lmao!

I had to get an economy car though...im moving away for Fire college for 3 months, and will be making the highway trip every weekend...Price of gas is getting killer and I dont make enough to be able to pay for 13.5 MPG for premium.

Not to mention the car had alot of problems. Had the mysterious LT1 stumble that I could never find, as well as the Intake oil leak that had already been fixed twice..

Its really a burdon off my shoulders...and dont worry, im not gonna be an import tuner now lol..this ones staying stock!

BTW.. Dealerships dont like buying cars with mods lol...But it was my only choice...I ran outa time to sell it private.

Just wanted to thank all of you guys for all your help! Shoebox/injuneer/ all of you guys that are regulars....yall have helped me out a bunch over the last 4 years.

Take care!
Old 08-04-2006, 12:22 PM

Re: No more TA for me...thanks for all the help over the years!

You'll be back... They always come back!
Old 08-04-2006, 12:44 PM
01Z

Originally Posted by Bawls
Sure hope so anyways....
Old 08-04-2006, 12:47 PM

I am selling mine too. Love the car though, sigh... sniff sniff
Old 08-04-2006, 07:03 PM

I'm on my 3rd LT1. For some reason I always came back. As soon as you have the means, you will too.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:22 PM

Most people make the mistake of selling theirs and then they get the itch again, it happens.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by 96cam4ro
I'm on my 3rd LT1. For some reason I always came back. As soon as you have the means, you will too.
I'm on my 4th After selling the last one I only went 6 months before I had to have another lol....LT1's are like crack
Old 08-05-2006, 01:12 AM

I have my car for sale at this time, it is my 3rd LT1 that I have owned.

I have always wanted a diesel truck and found a great deal, 56,000 mile, one elderly owner, Powerstroke 7.3 diesel, all maintenance records including original window sticker.

Iam going to play around with this truck since there is so much aftermarket stuff that you can buy for it and see how I like it.

If Iam not happy with it I will be going back with a LT1.

Since I cant own both, the T/A needs to go, which sucks because finding one like I have will be hard to find again (no t-tops, cloth)

Everyone tells me you are going to regret this move but Iam going to try it anyway.

My opinion on LT1 car is.... Inexpensive to buy, fun to mod and drive, looks great, handles great, nice looking car.

Who knows... maybe no one will buy my car and I will have to figure a way to own both vehicles ( Powerstroke and T/A )
Old 08-05-2006, 09:31 AM

Like stated above......you'll be back! This is my 3rd LT1 as well. I went 6 months without one......then almost 2 years without one. Then while driving down the road one day I spyed a Black 95 Formula, no t-tops & with cloth interior, BONE STOCK......well, let's say $4500 later for the car, then a Jasper rebuilt engine, Mac headers, Hooker cat-back, SLP CAI, rebuilt transmission with kevlar this and stronger that, a 2500 stall and now 3.42's going in next week.....I think I'm back too! LOL See around again soon!
Mike
Old 08-05-2006, 09:45 AM

Join the club. I'm selling mine to buy a powerstroke or duramax.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:46 AM

see ya back soon i had a 84 z28 sold it (nothin to special), 94 z28 (first fast car) sold it, 99 z28 (Show car with some race mods just not too crazy) sold it, last week bought a 93 z28 hard top automatic. Can someone say race car!!!!!
Old 08-05-2006, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Lt1t56
I have my car for sale at this time, it is my 3rd LT1 that I have owned.

I have always wanted a diesel truck and found a great deal, 56,000 mile, one elderly owner, Powerstroke 7.3 diesel, all maintenance records including original window sticker.

Iam going to play around with this truck since there is so much aftermarket stuff that you can buy for it and see how I like it.

If Iam not happy with it I will be going back with a LT1.

Since I cant own both, the T/A needs to go, which sucks because finding one like I have will be hard to find again (no t-tops, cloth)

Everyone tells me you are going to regret this move but Iam going to try it anyway.

My opinion on LT1 car is.... Inexpensive to buy, fun to mod and drive, looks great, handles great, nice looking car.

Who knows... maybe no one will buy my car and I will have to figure a way to own both vehicles ( Powerstroke and T/A )
I'm with you on that, be fun to mod a diesel truck, wont sell my LT1 for one though.
Old 08-05-2006, 04:06 PM

well the problem with mine is it had soooo many problems... i swear it was a lemon. I was looking through the old receits from the old owner. He took it into the dealer like every 2 weeks for something new.

I had everysingle thing on that car fail. Ttops leaked water, headliner came down, power seats kept breaking(the bladder for lumbar support), headlight motors crapper out, Windshield wiper motors burned up, Iginition switch fried, Radiator died, AC broke, Window motors would die 2 months after being replaced, every single gasket failed and leaked oil, power steering fluid leaked, Rocker arms came loose for no reason several times, Tranny blew and had to be rebuilt before I got it...then I replaced opti, coil, wires/plugs, IAC to try and find its stumbling problem, but never did. I would take it to get scanned, but noone could pull up codes it was throwing...

Thats why I sold it....too many damn problems. I owned it for 4 years, it literally ran ONE year outa the 4. I put like 12k miles on it in 4 years!

Anyways, I know this is unusual(or atleast I hope so) for this car..I am convinced it was a lemon but the original owner ended up selling it and not messing with the lemon law.

BTW the place I traded it into, Nissan dealership....they gave me 3100 bucks for it, and ended up only getting 2000! The wholeseller said it had soo many problems he didnt wanna mess with it. Dealership actually ended up loosing money on my deal, because I got such a good deal on the car, and they lost money on the trade in All because I knew the guy who sold me the car...

This is the reason I will NEVER EVER buy another modded car. You never know what problems it has...and shops will never touch them because they say it has too many mods to be able to figure out how to fix it

Anyways...im happier than ever to have gotten rid of it...Maybe it'll be picked up as a track car for cheap and totally rebuild...

I hope to god noone else has as bad luck as I did...which I seriously doubt they can. There really is nothing else to go wrong on a car...
Old 08-05-2006, 05:10 PM

I sold mine to a kid i used to work with and never looked back. See it at least 5 times a week and dont miss it at all. It was my first and last f-body. In my opinion they are just too big of cars for me. My brother has a 02 ws6 that I can drive whenever but dont really even want to. I almost went to a mustang but it takes so much to get any power out of them. My next car with a be a c4 vette, no questions asked. Im going to go with the unpopular view on this and say, i dont see you regretting it in general. Maybe the power over what you have now, but thats it.
Old 08-06-2006, 01:21 PM
Banned

And how...http://web.camaross.com/forums/showthread.php?t=464608