LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

NO spark z28 Please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Injuneer
If you had coolant or unburned fuel in the cylinders (or a single cylinder) causing hydrolock, when you removed the plug and rotated the crank, you would see the liquid dribbling out.
+1 good luck, let us know what transpires!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:24 AM

Re: NO spark z28 Please help

If you had coolant or unburned fuel in the cylinders (or a single cylinder) causing hydrolock, when you removed the plug and rotated the crank, you would see the liquid dribbling out.

Thats exactly what happened, which explains the starters going bad, I turned the motor with no plugs and out came water from cylinders 4 and 6....guess its time for that head to come off
Old 12-27-2011, 11:27 AM

Take them both off! The other is surely not far behind!
Old 12-27-2011, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by jloshotz
Take them both off! The other is surely not far behind!

Will do...quick question....how da hell do I disconnect the fuel lines to the fuel pressure regulator and fuel rail????
Old 12-27-2011, 08:24 PM

Quick disconnect tool, small round plastic set can be had at any auto parts store
Old 12-28-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by faqz09
out came water from cylinders 4 and 6....guess its time for that head to come off
Do you have coolant in the radiator or just water?
Was it clear or was it coolant colored?
Are you sure it was from the coolant system?
If it was clear and your coolant is colored, are sure it was not gas?

My point is if it was fuel and not coolant, you could be going in the wrong direction with the heads for nothing?

If you are going to pull the heads, why not do a leak down to confirm the gasket problem? Just another way to confirm you are on the right path.

Are you proceeding in an organized manner? ie labeled bags for hardware, photos of wire routings or hoses. Connector labels?

I mention this because based on your comments and questions, you seem lost and will have a hard time getting back to were you started much less normal running condition.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by speedygonzales
Do you have coolant in the radiator or just water?
Was it clear or was it coolant colored?
Are you sure it was from the coolant system?
If it was clear and your coolant is colored, are sure it was not gas?

My point is if it was fuel and not coolant, you could be going in the wrong direction with the heads for nothing?

If you are going to pull the heads, why not do a leak down to confirm the gasket problem? Just another way to confirm you are on the right path.

Are you proceeding in an organized manner? ie labeled bags for hardware, photos of wire routings or hoses. Connector labels?

I mention this because based on your comments and questions, you seem lost and will have a hard time getting back to were you started much less normal running condition.

It was water, because I wasnt sure of the running condition of the car and im positive it was water that came out of the spark plug holes because fuel has a distinctive smell, and some of it was kind of of clear and kind of rusty orangy color, as far as the process, i have everything labeled, and taking alot of pics as I go, Im just hoping I dont have a cracked head :/
Old 12-28-2011, 10:46 PM
Administrator

You need to add a "Signature" with basic info about your car - year, model, engine, trans and any major mods.

At this point, anyone trying to help you has to go all the way back to page 1/post #1 to see what year car you are asking about. The LT1 has some significant issues from year to year.
Old 12-30-2011, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by jloshotz
+1 good luck, let us know what transpires!

Ok update....I swear the more I take this car apart the more I see whoever was working on it didnt know sh*t....and this is my first time dealing with this motor(besides my 77 305)....so I was tearing her down, and the exhaust bolts were lose...but the most craziest thing ever...THE HEAD BOLT CAME OFF AT LESS THE 40LBS!!!! Some of them were even around 20 and there were a few around 40 smh....and of course the headgasket had no damage....so whoever put that head on didnt do it correctly at all....the other head that seemed never to be tampered with is tighened with the correct torque tho...Im putting her back together today....something else to note...I forgot to label the injector plugs BUT i was thinking maybe the buttwipe before me had them crossed which might have been my problem in the first place... I guess im going to look on shoebox's page for the wire diagram....that should clear that up
Old 12-30-2011, 09:09 AM
Administrator

There are numbers on the injector harness connectors:

http://www.injuneer.com/images/photo...ilFuelConn.jpg

ADD A SIGNATURE
Old 12-30-2011, 10:39 AM

oh i knew that haha , man that coolant line to the back of the head is a biatch to put on...im been fighting with it for like 20 mins and its still not on
Old 12-30-2011, 04:29 PM

Is there something wrong? Add a signature.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Administrator

It's getting hard to take this thread seriously.
Old 12-30-2011, 10:49 PM

The line ended up being bent but i made a way around that BUTTT......i put everything together......the engine spins....doesnt make much noise....like no combustion...not sure if im getting spark but I know Im getting fuel....could it be because I tightened the rocker arms too tight??? They are a little tighter then they were before but not all the way tightened??
Old 12-31-2011, 11:28 AM

It's getting hard to take this thread seriously.

I apologize for the pointless post Injuneer, i am a newbie and I really appreciate all of your post and advice....I will keep the future post on the most serious matters

Quick Reply: NO spark z28 Please help