LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

NOT to Happy with DMH Cutout...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 10:48 AM

Unhappy NOT to Happy with DMH Cutout...

While the actual electic opening unit looks like and probably is a real quality peice. I can't say the same for his wireing. I don't know if he just forgot to sauder(don't know if this is spelt right or not) the connections on mine or if he never does. But if he doesn't and if all he does is crimp the wires then he didn't do a very good job at all on doing that. They were barely crimped tight at all. At every connection point except the one attached to the switch and the Electric Unit the Wireing came out of the connector. I spent 2 1/2 hrs. trying to do the job(already got the cutout welded on in the morning) and after all the time basically the only thing i had done was have the opener bolted on the cutout.

I don't wan't to have to send back the wireing because he is in Ohio and i'm in California. I don't want to have to wait that long for the shipping. Now i'm gonna have to spend Sunday trying to redo the wireing and put new connections that won't fall off. It will probably take me a long time since i don't have the right type of electical tools. I'm gonna email Dave today and see what he says. Hopefully he responds fast. Everybody says he has great customer service so i will see. I'll let you know what he says.

UPDATE: I emailed Dave at DMH about my problem. He responded right away telling me he was sorry. He said he would send out a new wireing Harness out to me 3 day air at his exspense so i could get it right away. I thought i should let everybody know that his customer service is excellent and he is a great person to work with. I coudn't be happier with the way he handled the problem. A big for Dave at DMH Performance.

Last edited by drewstealth; 12-14-2003 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:21 PM

Well by seeing how many people viewed this thread with no responses i guess this is one of those things that just happenes to me.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:28 PM

Ill let you know when mine comes in.... (ordered one 3 days ago)
Old 12-12-2003, 05:37 PM

one of my buddies on this board, had a problem with his switch when he first got it. He emailed dave, and dave sent him out another one the same day. He has recieved it and it works great. I havent checked mine yet. Its still at my parents house in the box. Thanks, michael
Old 12-12-2003, 05:42 PM

my connections were fine. Just the connector could have something to make sure it stays connected, something like connector assurance pin (or however it's called).
Old 12-13-2003, 12:21 PM

Well i recieved an email from him this morning. He said that what happened is that he had one of his friends help him out so the guy could earn some extra money. He said his friend did the first 5 or so perfect but then he must of got lazy. He said he noticed that the next 8 of them were messed up just like mine was. He said that he is very sorry and will not tolerate a bad product like that. He is gonna send me a new wireing harness for free on monday. So yes his customer service is great and he does stand by his work. Or in my case his friends work.
Old 12-13-2003, 12:43 PM

thats awesome
Old 12-13-2003, 12:50 PM
Banned

Hmmm, Ill have to see how mine turns out then. I talked to Dave and he stands behind his cutout 100% so I don't think there would be a problem even if there was a problem...

Hell anything is better than the McCord Cutout, that thing is the biggest PIECE OF $HIT i've ever seen
Old 12-13-2003, 05:31 PM

glad to hear he's takin care of you, makes it more likely ill order one when i redo my exhaust
Old 12-13-2003, 06:16 PM

You guys also have to think of how many of these things he makes in a day. I am not sure what his build process is like. (like if he does it all himself or not) But he did just had a huge order and I can see a few of them having problems. But I really like the plug and play of his wiring. IMO I think you shouldn't have even posted this. Some people will only read the fist part of the thread and then say well I seen a post where the DMH cut out has problems. But yes his customer service is top notch. That is why I always give the Manufacture a chance to fix there problems first If that don't work then put up post on them. As much as I have been playing with mine I think he will be giving me a new one ever year for the next 4 years
Old 12-13-2003, 06:32 PM

I just ordered mine, I have faith in Dave and his product, which is why I sent him my $150 without hesitation.

I assume with his business practices in the past, he has already cleared up this matter on his end so they're should be no more problems with anybody else who participated in the last GP.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:28 AM

where can you buy this electric cut outs.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:29 AM

Originally posted by twister19
where can you buy this electric cut outs.
http://dmhperformance.com/
Old 12-14-2003, 05:07 AM
Banned

Originally posted by funina91ss
You guys also have to think of how many of these things he makes in a day. I am not sure what his build process is like. (like if he does it all himself or not) But he did just had a huge order and I can see a few of them having problems. But I really like the plug and play of his wiring. IMO I think you shouldn't have even posted this. Some people will only read the fist part of the thread and then say well I seen a post where the DMH cut out has problems. But yes his customer service is top notch. That is why I always give the Manufacture a chance to fix there problems first If that don't work then put up post on them. As much as I have been playing with mine I think he will be giving me a new one ever year for the next 4 years
WERD, I agree.... He has gotten mad orders over this GP that we have going on... I mean yea that's no excuse for bad workmanship. But I agree that if Dave takes care of it then there should be no problem... Sometimes thing's can be overlooked

Thing's could be worse and we could have all gotten McCord cutouts and all been out $150 bucks for his $hitty cutout... and thats a person that DOES NOT stand behind his crappy product

I got my DHM yesterday and it looks great. Wiring is all in tact and very secure....
Old 12-14-2003, 10:37 AM
Banned

Originally posted by funina91ss
IMO I think you shouldn't have even posted this.

These things can actually be good for the manufacturer if the followup response is good. It gives the vendor a chance to show off his customer service and give everyone warm-fuzzy feelings about his integrity.

So I guess it's two-edged sword.

Quick Reply: NOT to Happy with DMH Cutout...