LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Nu-tek Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2003, 05:57 PM

Nu-tek Motorsports

Has anyone talked to Nick or Jill at Nu-tek in the last month or so. I have not been able to reach anyone for over two months. No returns on e-mail or phone. I just wanted to see if I am the only one having trouble reaching them. Thanks.
Old 12-14-2003, 04:40 PM

I just posted this same question over on the LS1 Tech board and it sounds like he is not getting back to alot of people.
Old 12-14-2003, 05:04 PM

I heard something "on the grapevine" that, his shop is going out of buisness....I DON'T KNOW THIS FOR A FACT, its just something that I was told by another "speed" buff....
Old 12-14-2003, 10:49 PM

The only way I could ever get ahold of Nick or Jill was to start calling them around 0900 central time. Usually I'd get someone by 0930-1000. They never returned my calls either.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:12 AM

I just got a Canton oil pan from him a lil over a month ago. Called him once. Got the pan 3 days later. I called him at like 10am his time also.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:39 AM

i was up at his shop a few weeks ago, no sign of going out of busniess, he did say he was very busy, and really shorthanded.. the day i was there Jill wasn't even there, nick was in the shop by himself.. the guys motor i took up has talked to nick a few times since we dropped it off, so going out of business sounds a little out there, this is an engine builders worst time of year, end of the year and everyone wants there motor rebuilt, just keep tryin you will get ahold of him...
Old 12-15-2003, 11:27 AM

Nu-Tek

Thanks for the replies. I sure hope Nick does not go out of business. I have been waiting over ten months for him to complete my new Lt4 engine. I want him to do it right and I know he will. Just makes me uneasy not knowing when it will be shipped.
Old 12-15-2003, 12:37 PM

wow, 10 months!........Hope you get it soon. Im really looking forward to having them do my stroker but if its goign to take 10 months then I dont know.
Old 12-15-2003, 07:58 PM

Re: Nu-Tek

Originally posted by 93SS
Thanks for the replies. I sure hope Nick does not go out of business. I have been waiting over ten months for him to complete my new Lt4 engine. I want him to do it right and I know he will. Just makes me uneasy not knowing when it will be shipped.
Are you serious about that? 10 months seems to be a loooooooooong time. There is a difference between of getting right and not getting it at all.

Good luck on your adventure.
Old 12-15-2003, 09:41 PM

He built my motor in 3 months, 396lt1. He is a very smart guy, plus he is the only person workin there, most likely because he dosen't trust other peoples work. don't think about turnaround time, think of quality. sure 10 months is a long time, but if you seen the pile of motors up there you would see how busy he is. Stick with him you won't be dissapointed...later
Old 12-16-2003, 12:33 AM

I was having some oil pump/pick up issues and I gave him a call today at about noon eastern time, and he called me back at 3 pm est to clear up what I needed and shipped out my new pick-up today.

Nu-tek Motorsports-
Old 12-16-2003, 07:11 AM

Nu-Tek

This has taken longer than expected, but I trust Nick will build me the best engine that I can get. I have not gave up on Nick and do not plan on giving up. I like the fact that he does all the work himself. It takes longer, but you know that you are getting a quality engine. I told him from the start I wanted this combination to last me for many years to come. My engine is being built to drive daily and for touring. Not a drag engine.I have my car apart waiting on the new engine. This has been hard to give up on driving my car for so long,but It will be worth it when Nick does finish my engine. Just makes me uneasy that I cannot talk to him about when my engine will ship. Thanks for the replies.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:27 PM

I'll post this over here as well...just replied to a guy that had a question about them on LS1Tech.....I'm lazy so I'm just going to copy and paste.

Well I did a lot of calling around when I looked to have someone fix my last 383 that blew up and I had always hated having anyone touch anything on the car. I always figured I could do it myself. Well I thought it would bet better to have someone else do it since that way if something weird happened again (I broke the front of a Callies crank off) that way at least someone would be there to back me up (Callies and Nick both helped out a ton on putting it back together!) Anyway...

I was down to MORE and NuTek to build this motor. One of the reason's I choose Nick was because he was within driving distance and had a ton of experiance with LT1 motors. So I called and emailed them a few times and we had went over what all was going to be done. I took the motor and what was left of the useable parts to him in Dec and went over everything one last time. He did not ask for money or credit card info at that time. Just what I wanted done. Now the only thing I can say bother'd me just a little bit was that it was suppose to be done in March....3 months to put a long block together....that way I could pick it up over spring break. I had called and no answer...and I left a few messages from time to time. But I didn't press it. Sometimes a few days or maybe even a week would go by before him or the girl there would call me back or if they had a question that we hadn't covered. Come middle of April...I pushed a little harder and I go the motor at the end of April....he helped me load it up. And we went over everything that was done and the final bill. Nick showed us around the shop, stopped and BS'd for a while. He was even going to pick up a guys entire car and redo some parts of the motor for him.......even longer story.......

Really cool guy, lotta good people working there. Nick had always told me if anything at any time ever goes wrong with the motor to call him and he would either take the motor back, or come get the entire car and fix it. (depending on what happened of course if he would pay for it or not).

He may not be the fastest person in the world....or want to pick up the phone all the time....but I can say one thing...he did do a damn good job on putting it together and it runs pretty damn strong for a LT1 car. (570/580 rwhp/rqtw at 4300rpm....ran outta fuel..I'll have final numbers come spring hopefully).

I have only heard of one other guy that had a lot of problems, and I just think he didn't give Nick enough time....and he did get his money back if I remember right. Biggest thing is time..and I think that is the case with any good motor shop.
Old 12-16-2003, 03:55 PM

Another praise for Nutek. He does get really busy and not pick up the phone at times. He certainly does take longer on the engine building, but you can be assure that he is taking his time on your motor to make sure that it is done properly.

I emailed him about a month ago and he emailed me back in a day or so.

The 396 he built for me (almost two years now) is at 611rwhp at 5400rpm at 11# and we are not even pushing the motor, which was built for a good 15#.

cheers
Old 12-16-2003, 03:55 PM

Originally posted by 1LEThumper
I'll post this over here as well...just replied to a guy that had a question about them on LS1Tech.....I'm lazy so I'm just going to copy and paste.

Well I did a lot of calling around when I looked to have someone fix my last 383 that blew up and I had always hated having anyone touch anything on the car. I always figured I could do it myself. Well I thought it would bet better to have someone else do it since that way if something weird happened again (I broke the front of a Callies crank off) that way at least someone would be there to back me up (Callies and Nick both helped out a ton on putting it back together!) Anyway...

I was down to MORE and NuTek to build this motor. One of the reason's I choose Nick was because he was within driving distance and had a ton of experiance with LT1 motors. So I called and emailed them a few times and we had went over what all was going to be done. I took the motor and what was left of the useable parts to him in Dec and went over everything one last time. He did not ask for money or credit card info at that time. Just what I wanted done. Now the only thing I can say bother'd me just a little bit was that it was suppose to be done in March....3 months to put a long block together....that way I could pick it up over spring break. I had called and no answer...and I left a few messages from time to time. But I didn't press it. Sometimes a few days or maybe even a week would go by before him or the girl there would call me back or if they had a question that we hadn't covered. Come middle of April...I pushed a little harder and I go the motor at the end of April....he helped me load it up. And we went over everything that was done and the final bill. Nick showed us around the shop, stopped and BS'd for a while. He was even going to pick up a guys entire car and redo some parts of the motor for him.......even longer story.......

Really cool guy, lotta good people working there. Nick had always told me if anything at any time ever goes wrong with the motor to call him and he would either take the motor back, or come get the entire car and fix it. (depending on what happened of course if he would pay for it or not).

He may not be the fastest person in the world....or want to pick up the phone all the time....but I can say one thing...he did do a damn good job on putting it together and it runs pretty damn strong for a LT1 car. (570/580 rwhp/rqtw at 4300rpm....ran outta fuel..I'll have final numbers come spring hopefully).

I have only heard of one other guy that had a lot of problems, and I just think he didn't give Nick enough time....and he did get his money back if I remember right. Biggest thing is time..and I think that is the case with any good motor shop.
Good post man, i think Nick is aswome too, I cant wait for him to build my next strocker.

Quick Reply: Nu-tek Motorsports