LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Nu-tek Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 04:37 PM

I'am not saying anything bad about Nick or his company Nick has been very straight with me up until this point but if you have an issue with your motor and no one will return a call or an e-mail for over two weeks you start to get nervous and that's where I'am.
Old 12-21-2003, 10:08 AM

I just replied to a post over on LS1.tech about Nu-Tek. Nick knows his stuff that is true, but NO ONE who has your money should ignore you for weeks on end. I contracted Nick to build a motor back in Nov of 2002(took the block to him over Thanksgiving last year) and had the motor paid for in full back in April. I keep getting the run around so went and showed up at his shop on Oct.17th 2003 and found that my motor had NOT EVEN BEEN STARTED, though he had over $10,000 of my money. This is a long story and is too detailed to go into here, but I was lucky as I put the payment on a credit card and after filing a complaint they helped me get my money back. Nick still owes me over $1,000.00 a stock engine block, a stock set of heads and some other parts.
I have been unable to reach him by phone or email(he won't reply), I am about to start legal proceedings against him and I am looking into filing criminal charges also. I don't care how good they are they will never see another penny of my money.

Last edited by Demon SS; 12-22-2003 at 08:35 AM.
Old 12-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Advanced Tech Moderator

Odd... every time I call Nu-Tek someone answers the phone...
Old 12-22-2003, 08:37 AM

kmook when was the last time you called them?
I have been trying to call and email for weeks with no response. I am about to start the legal process, especially now that I see other folks are having the same problem.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:52 AM
Advanced Tech Moderator

Not real recently...
But I'll try to let Nick know of this thread.
Old 12-22-2003, 11:07 AM

Never had any problems when he built my motor. Very knowledgable and helped me square several things I wasn't sure of.

I remember the ordeal last year w/ a Nu-Tek stroker that was vibrating real bad. Not sure what ever became of that though. I thought I remember something about the wrong kind of balancer put on it.
Old 12-22-2003, 08:26 PM

That's where i'm planning on getting my motor.

I'd wait 2 years to get it done right

To Nick

Jason
Old 12-22-2003, 09:27 PM

Nick seems to know his stuff from everything I've seen/read, but seems to be short handed or something. Only person that I know who has experience with them waited about a year for his 396 LT1, and never seemed to be able to get ahold of anyone at the shop. However, I haven't heard of any problems he's had with the car so it was done right. Maybe my buddy will chime in with his experience if he sees this thread.
Old 12-22-2003, 10:12 PM

I think a very valuable point to remember is that just because someone is a good engine builder, doesn't mean they know how to run a business. It sounds like Nick really knows how to build a good engine, but stockpiling thousands of dollars of someone's money with no communication (or results) isn't good. Waiting 10 months for a long block is positively silly.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:29 AM

I have been dealing with Nick for a couple of years off and on and in fact he built me one of the few 3.4L V6 Camaro engines he did and everything went great. It took a while then about 2 months and I could always get a hold of someone after a few phone calls. Nick is a good person and I don't think he is out to beat anybody, but something is seriously wrong when after WEEKS a person who has spent thousands of dollars can't get a call back or a return email.

After months of being told my motor would ship(I have copies of the emails) and a motor never showing up I finally just popped in at Nu-Tek on the 17th of Oct 2003 and found that my motor had basically not been touched and it had been paid for in full since April 2003. I was told the he(Nick) was having some cash flow problems which did not sit to well when a lot of that cash was mine!! We got things worked out or so I thought and I was supposed to get a motor by 31 Oct 2003 and here it is 23 Dec 2003 and still no motor and I haven't heard from Nick since 4 Dec 2003 when he told me my stock parts were crated and ready to ship back to me and where did I want it shipped to. I had already told him I did not want the motor from him any longer and got the credit card company to issue a refund to my account. I was lied to and I don't take that from some one I am paying to work for me.

If anyone gets Nu-Tek to build a motor I hope it goes well for you, but be aware that lots of us are having big problems with them.

Last edited by Demon SS; 12-25-2003 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-31-2003, 10:29 AM

http://impalassforum.com/noncgi/ulti...;f=37;t=000026
Old 12-31-2003, 11:04 AM

wow........that really sucks...........im staying the hell away from nu-tek.
Old 12-31-2003, 12:11 PM

Originally posted by kmook
Odd... every time I call Nu-Tek someone answers the phone...

I think it's called "caller I.D."

Hopefully Nick straigntens everything out. This sort of thing happens a bunch with small companies that suddenly get a bunch of press... (like the GMHTP Nu-Tek article) All of a sudden the phones start ringing off the hook & they can't keep up with demand, then things fall apart. If he does recover from this i.e. everyone gets what they are owed, & he once again is able to deliver "the goods" in a timely manner, it will show he has some character & maybe deserves our buisness... if he doesnt....
Old 12-31-2003, 07:26 PM

What I have to say is mostly said here...

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...ighlight=nutek

Im the guy on the Impala forum who had to drive over 1200 miles in order to get a response from Nick and after he gave me a sob story song and dance he went back to what he knows best...not returning phonecalls/emails or keeping his word to PAYING CUSTOMERS.

Some of you guys "say give him time", **** how much time does a guy need? Its been over 2 yrs for me (I jumped on the 2nd GP he had on this board) and the motor was supposedly 95% finished back in MARCH 2003 yet when I showed up at his shop in late NOVEMBER 2003 he couldnt even show me a freakin piston from my motor. What does that tell you?? That plus the fact he promised my would be done and shipped in 2 weeks...its now going on 2 months and NADA!! LIE on top of LIE on top of LIE. Put yourself in my shoes and tell me if youd still be defending him
Old 12-31-2003, 07:54 PM

And oh BTW if anyone else wants in on the lawsuit I got started against Nick/Nu-tek, call me at 772-571-8616.

Quick Reply: Nu-tek Motorsports