LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Nu-tek Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2003, 08:51 PM

Originally posted by ImpalaSS & WS6
Put yourself in my shoes and tell me if youd still be defending him
i would have kicked his teeth in when i met him............i applaud your restraint.........goodluck getting your money back.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:31 AM
Administrator

This is starting to sound like a small-scale version of the Hennessy story.... but I'm sure that the guys who are out $10K here are just as sore as the guys that fronted Hennessy $100K+ and never got their Viper engines.

Buddy of mine in PA bought a 383 from Nu-Tek in the group purchase a couple of years ago... took him about 1 year to get the engine, and when he got it, it was screwed up. Nu-Tek eventually replaced the defective parts, actually upgrading above what was paid for, but it took 1.5 years to get it straightened out.
Old 01-01-2004, 11:44 AM

Im glad I didnt jump in on the GP 2yrs ago..I had purchased my motor but I backed out at the last second since I found a local shop that was good..I had to eat my deposit but it looks like it was well worth it..Local shop had my engine rdy after 6wks and it still runs great
Gluck to you guys!

Cody
Old 01-01-2004, 12:48 PM

If his as good as everybody says he is,why dosn't he hire some good motor guys and watch over them.I,am sure everthing would go much smoother.Something smells fishy here.I was think about shipping him my Lt1 from montreal to work on.The way things are going with this shop i would get it back in a few years if i was luck.

NICK
Old 01-02-2004, 08:23 PM

I don't care how good the guy builds engines, you don't do business in this fashion or treat good paying customers this way. The guy is either undercapitalized or has personal problems of some kind. Either way from reading these posts I wouldn't want to do business with him. Sounds like a bankruptcy waiting to happen.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:57 PM

Dang....glad I decided to have my 383 work done locally now. Main reason I decided to go local was the fact that I could drive down to the shop any day and see what was going on with my engine. It still took 3 months to get it done but that doesnt sound like much compared to NuTeks turnaround.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:00 PM

Originally posted by gb95zconv
Dang....glad I decided to have my 383 work done locally now. Main reason I decided to go local was the fact that I could drive down to the shop any day and see what was going on with my engine. It still took 3 months to get it done but that doesnt sound like much compared to NuTeks turnaround.
That's what I did too, and I'm glad I did. Mine was done in two weeks though.
Old 01-02-2004, 09:02 PM

Wow, I just came back and checked this thread....holey **** does that suck. I hope you guys get everything taken care of..maybe I just caught him before everything got really busy but I know even when I was dealing with him it took 2 months longer than expected and I did have to call and email a lot to get an answer...maybe it was different since I was within a couple hours of the place but that shouldn't make any difference.

As far as him being a new company, Nick's been around for quite some time. I don't know if anyone remembers Norris Racing...but that was his company that he was in with another guy when they did full turn key cars. That guy kept that shop and the name and Nick started Nu-Tek.

If he got this big I would think there would be money to hire a girl to answer the phones at least. If its been this long then I hope that all of you get this resolved and either you motors or money back.
Old 01-02-2004, 10:06 PM

This is very dissappointing. I wonder what happened to him? I bought my cam and ported heads from him last year and had no problems. I was hoping to go with him for my stroker but now forget about it. This sucks, I hope you guys get your situation resolved.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:56 AM

Nick might have been a straight up guy a while back but as far as I'm concearned something has happened and anyone defending him well all I can say is why don't you try using him now and lets see if you have the same response. Myself I'am also filing a lawsuit against NU-Tek and goodluck to anyone out there still waiting for their motors.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:08 PM

I dealt with Nick last year...Around March..and it took an extra 2 months longer for my 383 short block/rotating assembly..It wasn't all his fault for the wait. A couple of the part suppliers sent him the wrong parts, so they had to reorder them, or they were on backorder...He was pretty hard to catch on the phone, but I did a few times..He also help me pick out my cam, for what heads I had, etc...Very helpful, just dont know what his deal his..

I hope u guys get everything worked out...
Old 01-03-2004, 02:36 PM

Like I said I meet Nick a couple of times and he seemed to be alright it wasn't until a little over a month ago when he stopped communicating altogether which has lead up to this.
Old 01-03-2004, 06:42 PM

Badhawk, the first time he stopped all comunication with me was back in Sept 03, then after I made the visit he stopped communication AGAIN when the "2 weeks" he promised were up
Old 01-03-2004, 07:16 PM

Hmmm...

Does not sound good.

I am going to point out I had a guy wait for like a year to get a fully preped 215RR 396 LT4 from GTP...BUT he got it and it ran great!
Old 01-03-2004, 07:26 PM

Originally posted by gb95zconv
Exactly, I did the same and only after talking to the engine builder for about 3 months in advance before I laid any cash down to get everything straight as to what I was going to have him build and then also made a few changes along the way and also make sure it was a reputable shop. I am extremely happy with the work he did. One of the problems with the internet is there is to much word of mouth going on and it's hard to see all the BS all the time. I would never send my block out to someone that I just heard thru the grapevine was supposed to be good, It's too much of a crap shoot for me. Just my .02

Quick Reply: Nu-tek Motorsports