LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Oil leak at the Intake???

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 07:22 PM

Oil leak at the Intake???

Looks like im leaking a decent amount of oil after running the car each time. To the looks of it, i am assuming that it is coming from both sides of the intake. I know that LT1's are notorious for this oil leak, but I gotta fix it. Under neath my car is just a complete OIL mess and it just bothers me that I leak that much oil. Has anyone gone this route to fix this problem. I would like some information help or ideas and any other input that could assist me whne doing this job. I read the Manual and it shows that there are no gaskets that are in the intake for this, and that it is just RTV or something. No wonder they leak.

Also, my oil pressure gauge was working all the time, and after I did a plug and wire change the guage now does not function correctly. It points way off the scale past 80. I moved around soem of those wires around the oil filter to get to one of the plugs but I am 99% sure i had everything the way it was before. The thing I think the problem is, is that little boot stick on rubber piece. Cuz I had a friend turn the key to the ON position and I went down and I messed with it, and he said the Guage would jump and then go back...and etc...

PLEASE HELP LOL

Cory