LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

oil Pes. issues, got me stumped...

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 11:34 AM

oil Pes. issues, got me stumped...

95 z28 m6
150k (ya i know the obvious)
gauge reads a **** hair above the red line at idle, no ses lite yet
cars burns absolutly no oil on startup,wot or any other times, changed plugs a few times an all were immaculant(no oil or gas). no knock,ticks rattles of any sort. only issue is the oil leak, most i can tell is from the timing cover,front oil pan or somthing in that area. dont kow anything about the car cuz i just got it but its quite appearnant the the timing cover has been off befor due to the sloppy gaskets maker at the oilpan/timing cover. anyway oil presure comes up when i add oil but dont stay there to long. driving and wot is around 30 but other wise extremly low.....any ideas. where and how do i hook up a hard line gauge. Im LT1 stooopid, im a LS1 guy but decided to take on an Lt1 project for a change...
Old 10-21-2005, 12:49 PM
Banned

Re: oil Pes. issues, got me stumped...

Originally Posted by Foxls1
95 z28 m6
150k (ya i know the obvious)
gauge reads a **** hair above the red line at idle, no ses lite yet
cars burns absolutly no oil on startup,wot or any other times, changed plugs a few times an all were immaculant(no oil or gas). no knock,ticks rattles of any sort. only issue is the oil leak, most i can tell is from the timing cover,front oil pan or somthing in that area. dont kow anything about the car cuz i just got it but its quite appearnant the the timing cover has been off befor due to the sloppy gaskets maker at the oilpan/timing cover. anyway oil presure comes up when i add oil but dont stay there to long. driving and wot is around 30 but other wise extremly low.....any ideas. where and how do i hook up a hard line gauge. Im LT1 stooopid, im a LS1 guy but decided to take on an Lt1 project for a change...

Put some 20-50 Kendall GT-1 in it and see if it will help.
There is a fitting right above the oil filter in the block that is easy to get to,just keep the plastic line away from the exhaust.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:42 PM

Re: oil Pes. issues, got me stumped...

Could be a bad sending unit.