LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Opinions on mufflers for True Duals

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 09:33 PM

Re: Opinions on mufflers for True Duals

Not to hijack the thread but, would it be possible to attach one of these:

http://store.summitracing.com/

almost directly to the headers and then run the pipes over the axles?
Old 11-27-2005, 11:44 PM

I am running Dynomax 23" bullets check out my vids in my sig.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:59 PM

For a bullet style muffler, it's hard to beat a Flo Pro Twister. It's a bit quieter then the Dynomax Bullet and has more of a muscle car tone (it's a chambered muffler) but is just as loud at WOT as a Bullet.

Jason
Old 11-29-2005, 03:30 AM

I have Dynomax bullets with Summit X-pipe, most of the people who heard my car were like OMFG!

http://www.hungryta.com/videos/xpiperev.wmv - idle and rev video
Old 11-29-2005, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by HungryT/A
I have Dynomax bullets with Summit X-pipe, most of the people who heard my car were like OMFG!

http://www.hungryta.com/videos/xpiperev.wmv - idle and rev video
Sounds nice, but I can't believe how loud it is with the camera that far back.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:29 AM

The car is ungodly loud, believe me! :O I'am considering going with a different exhaust next year (Y-pipe and full catback), my ears are pinging real bad after a 20 minute ride!
Old 11-29-2005, 08:29 AM

I have heard the dynomax mufflers before and have to say I like the sound of them over the others I have heard. I'd like to hear a chambered muffler to compare though.

Anyone out there with vids?
Old 11-29-2005, 01:28 PM

I did true duals with 3" purple hornies and it sounds awesome with the summit Xpipe setup. Not loud at idle, just a really low, deep sound.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:58 PM

I use these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Summi...17200774QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHAMB...spagenameZWDVW
Old 11-29-2005, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by fireman
I did true duals with 3" purple hornies and it sounds awesome with the summit Xpipe setup. Not loud at idle, just a really low, deep sound.
Are you serious? I had them on my Monte Carlo SS with a H/C/I 355 and they were rediculously loud...very deep, but insanely loud. I must admit they sounded great but after having them for a short period of time I wanted to change them.

Last edited by 89385formula; 11-29-2005 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:00 PM

I am running cats so that might change the loud sound of some of these systems. I am leaning toward the dynomax bullets.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:56 PM

Originally Posted by 89385formula
Are you serious? I had them on my Monte Carlo SS with a H/C/I 355 and they were rediculously loud...very deep, but insanely loud. I must admit they sounded great but after having them for a short period of time I wanted to change them.
Uh, yeah, I'm serious. I was kinda hoping it would be a little louder. My setup is not near as loud as the Dynomax bullets that everyone runs.

The purple hornies are designed to bolt directly to the header collector, they come with a 3 bolt flange installed on one end. Mine has dual 3" pipes coming off the headers into a Summit X pipe turned sideways, then out into more 3" pipe then into the mufflers with the turndowns at 45* angles facing away from each other just a few inches before the rear axle.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by fireman
Uh, yeah, I'm serious. I was kinda hoping it would be a little louder. My setup is not near as loud as the Dynomax bullets that everyone runs.

The purple hornies are designed to bolt directly to the header collector, they come with a 3 bolt flange installed on one end. Mine has dual 3" pipes coming off the headers into a Summit X pipe turned sideways, then out into more 3" pipe then into the mufflers with the turndowns at 45* angles facing away from each other just a few inches before the rear axle.
Thats wild man, it blows my mind. I also had the ones that were setup to bolt to the header collector. Mine ran into a h pipe then to the hornies....wow, they were so loud for me man. Mine seemed to get louder after I while as well. They do sound very good tho.

On a side not, and not to totally change subjects. I am looking for a replacement for my Flowmaster in my 4" Mufflex exhaust. I have always like the Dynomax ultra flo's and Magnaflow mufflers.....anybody have any opinions on how it would sound with either a Bullet/Ultra-flo/magnaflow race muffler? I have never really heard a single exhaust with one of these mufflers. Does anybody think a single 4" Bullet in place of the flowcrapper would be too loud?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:46 PM

Sweet Thunders or Moroso spiral flows sound the best IMO...
Old 11-29-2005, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by 89385formula
Thats wild man, it blows my mind. I also had the ones that were setup to bolt to the header collector. Mine ran into a h pipe then to the hornies....wow, they were so loud for me man. Mine seemed to get louder after I while as well. They do sound very good tho.

On a side not, and not to totally change subjects. I am looking for a replacement for my Flowmaster in my 4" Mufflex exhaust. I have always like the Dynomax ultra flo's and Magnaflow mufflers.....anybody have any opinions on how it would sound with either a Bullet/Ultra-flo/magnaflow race muffler? I have never really heard a single exhaust with one of these mufflers. Does anybody think a single 4" Bullet in place of the flowcrapper would be too loud?
The Ultra Flo and the Magnaflow will sound the same because they are the same thing. About the same at idle, but much louder when you hit it. If I had your exhaust, I would get the Spintech muffler.

These ones sure look interesting though..
www.aero-turbine.com

Last edited by fireman; 11-29-2005 at 09:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Opinions on mufflers for True Duals