LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Pacesetter or Jethot?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 11:05 AM

Pacesetter or Jethot?

Okay well i think i am going to go ahead and purchase my LT headers this weekend. i was wondering, i have been looking at Pacesetter ceramic coated and Jethot Ceramic coated... Jethot would cost me like 50 more dollars. which shouldi go with?
Old 07-06-2006, 11:17 AM

Re: Pacesetter or Jethot?

if your car is lowered or plan on lowering the car, i would go with pacesetter since they have better clearance due to not having 3 bolt collector.

Otherwise ya cant go wrong with Jethot and the slip tube
Old 07-06-2006, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by bow94z
if your car is lowered or plan on lowering the car, i would go with pacesetter since they have better clearance due to not having 3 bolt collector.

Otherwise ya cant go wrong with Jethot and the slip tube
id go wit pacesetters

jethots have a design flaw and ull never get ur y-pipe on

also change ur motor mounts while doing the headers , so u dont have to do it again
Old 07-06-2006, 11:54 AM

I like my pacesetters for the most part, except the coating on the bottoms is about gone...
Old 07-06-2006, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by CamaroSS30thAnn
id go wit pacesetters

jethots have a design flaw and ull never get ur y-pipe on

lol, you serious? I had Jet Hots years ago and did not have ONE problem with the install OR getting my Y-Pipe on.
Old 07-06-2006, 12:24 PM

Jet-Hots are the least flawed headers out there, don't even get me started on the "quality" of Pacesetter head flanges.
Old 07-06-2006, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by OffspringZ28
lol, you serious? I had Jet Hots years ago and did not have ONE problem with the install OR getting my Y-Pipe on.
do a search there are plenty of ppl with this problem , also rubbing the k member and a few other.........

ok sorry for bashing on jet hot

maybe i was just one of the ppl who had gotten one out of the "bad batch" but my experience with these headers werent all that great.

i know not every car is equal

anyways my next step i would have to say would be a nice set of kooks, i just love the way they look and they are just amazing headers

just a little expensive

edit: also since the new design of pacessetters i have not heard one complaint about them , they stepped up fixed their problems and now seem to sell quite well
Old 07-06-2006, 01:27 PM

I bought the Pacesetters for two reasons, better ground clearance and they were cheaper. I have so-so feelings for them, I have only had them on for a year now, the car never sees rain or snow and is barely driven yet the coating is already starting to rust in certain spots. Also, the fitment of the EGR fitting was very poor and required me to remove the header and heat up and bend the fitting so it would clear the tranny dipstick. In the future I will try my luck with the Kooks.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:55 PM

Okay well i am going to have a exhaust shop here in town custom make my y pipe, because i have heard horrible things about buying a ypipe from the big name companies so clearance i dont think will be a huge issue, plus as of right now i dont plan on lowering the car. i like where it sits right now. i read this thing on the pacesetters i was looking at and it said they wont discolor or anything... is that true? ok thanx for the help fellas
Old 07-06-2006, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by skibbez93z
Okay well i am going to have a exhaust shop here in town custom make my y pipe, because i have heard horrible things about buying a ypipe from the big name companies so clearance i dont think will be a huge issue, plus as of right now i dont plan on lowering the car. i like where it sits right now. i read this thing on the pacesetters i was looking at and it said they wont discolor or anything... is that true? ok thanx for the help fellas
My Pacesetter y-pipe fit like a glove, no problems whatsoever, I have heard different though of the Jet-Hot y-pipe. As for the Pacesetter y-pipe staying the same color, does surface rust count because my y-pipe is developing that as well and as already mentioned, my car see very limited driving time and never touches rain or snow so it is frustrating.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by 2000GTP
My Pacesetter y-pipe fit like a glove, no problems whatsoever, I have heard different though of the Jet-Hot y-pipe. As for the Pacesetter y-pipe staying the same color, does surface rust count because my y-pipe is developing that as well and as already mentioned, my car see very limited driving time and never touches rain or snow so it is frustrating.
teh jet hot coating isnt really all that great either

ive already gotten pits of rust and some spots. i only have a few thousand on the headers, and no rain or snow driving.

y i dont take em off and get the coated again under warantee, they were too much of a hassle to put on, i dont want to do it again , besides i have more important things like a cam to put in haha
Old 07-06-2006, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by CamaroSS30thAnn
teh jet hot coating isnt really all that great either

ive already gotten pits of rust and some spots. i only have a few thousand on the headers, and no rain or snow driving.

y i dont take em off and get the coated again under warantee, they were too much of a hassle to put on, i dont want to do it again , besides i have more important things like a cam to put in haha
Yeah, I heard that the Jet-Hot coating wasn't that much better. Its aggravating when these coatings which are marketed as being this "rough, tough stuff that never fails" manages to go bad in less then a year and about 500 miles put on them.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:34 PM

well i hardly ever drive my car either. it is a 97 with only 23K miles. i barely drive it at all. never sees any bad weather at all. will mine still rust quickly u think? i dont mind so much if the y pipe gets some surface rust( i would obviously prefer it not) but i am more conserned with under the hood. i am kinda dressing it up and i would prefer there not be any rust!
Old 07-06-2006, 11:02 PM

Jet-Hot has great coatings just not on their headers.
Sterling coat is only good for 1500deg.
Call Jet-Hot and special order one of their other coatings.
They won't be as pretty but they will be tough.
Alot of their other coatings are black or green but, they are good are for 2200 + deg.
I like my Pacesetters great clearence no collector leaks and I did not have to move my brake lines like you have to with the Hooker/Jet-Hot.

Last edited by sam pace; 07-06-2006 at 11:06 PM.
Old 07-07-2006, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by 2000GTP
Yeah, I heard that the Jet-Hot coating wasn't that much better. Its aggravating when these coatings which are marketed as being this "rough, tough stuff that never fails" manages to go bad in less then a year and about 500 miles put on them.
I think you guys need to stop driving your non-amphibious f-bodies in the ocean.

Quick Reply: Pacesetter or Jethot?