LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Part Number/Fuel Pump Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 04:34 PM
S.E. Region Moderator

Exclamation Part Number/Fuel Pump Question

Does GM include the whole pump, bucket, float, wiring etc with part number ( GM25164521 )?

I've been trying to get this BS worked out with Racetronix for 5 months and I can't afford to have the car down any longer so i'm putting a stock pump back in it and taking the Racetronix wiring out. If and when I get a replacement pump, the racetronix unit is for sale. The wiring has basically just sat, wired up, for 5 months. There's only about 30 minutes of time on it. Anyone interested in it, e-mail me and we'll work something out.

Last edited by KWKSLVR; 07-22-2003 at 04:53 PM.
Old 07-22-2003, 10:26 PM
S.E. Region Moderator

Old 07-23-2003, 05:23 AM

I think that's only the sending unit and its connectors. I don't think that includes the pump. Call the local dealer and get the number of the pump and ask them about the number you have.
Old 07-23-2003, 07:16 AM

Question

We do not have any record of any open tickets on your 'kwkslvr@team.camaroz28.com' email account?

There must be something missing from this picture as it does not take us 5 months to address warranty issues.

Please email support@racetronix.com with the details of your problem and the email under which payment was made. We will not provide support via the forum.

If you purchased your product from a Racetronix dealer please contact them for support as they will have your purchase on file.

Thank you!
Jack
Racetronix
Old 07-23-2003, 07:35 AM
S.E. Region Moderator

The account is under "treasurer@bhamfbody.com" and I've had to use "kwkslvr@bellsouth.net" once or twice when the other was down. I work to keep my business and pleasure e-mails separate .

The last e-mail I got was on 7/1/2003 according to my outlook files, I've followed up on this numerous times. I know business' are busy but I don't see why there is time to surf the internet yet there are not enough hours in the day to respond to e-mail

I mailed out the pump on the Monday the 7th since I didn't want it sitting in the post office on a holiday weekend. I've e-mailed you twice since then looking to see if you've even gotten it and I haven't heard back. I know mail might take some time to make it from Auburn to Canada, but a follow up would be nice, especially since I go sometimes 6 weeks or more from even getting an e-mail.

Last edited by KWKSLVR; 07-23-2003 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:12 AM

Question

Your first contact with Racetronix indicating you had a problem was Fri 18/04/2003 5:10 PM via email.

You confirmed the fuel pressure issue in an email dated Tue Mon 09/06/2003 4:11 PM.

You opted not to go with the quick exchange method by providing a deposit in an email dated Sun 29/06/2003 1:00 PM.

Your fuel pump arrived this past Monday July 21/2003 for evaluation / replacement.

You sent the pump via regular Air Mail vs. Express Mail with tracking as we recommended. This way you would know where your package is at all times. We do not have the manpower to provide arrival / non-arrival updates on packages as we have hundreds coming and going every week. If and when a warranty claim is received then we process it and notify the customer of the results along with tracking info on their replacement.

Why the following statement "I've been trying to get this BS worked out with Racetronix for 5 months and I can't afford to have the car down any longer so i'm putting a stock pump back in it and taking the Racetronix wiring out."

If you were in a rush to get this problem rectified then why did it take you two months to diagnose the problem and the better part of a month to get the pump out to Racetronix?

I fail to see the 'BS' part in this equation

It is posts like this that lead to misconceptions about vendors and their business practices. A bit more tact and clarity and less dramatics is always appreciated.

We will evaluate your pump ASAP and get a replacement out to you via Express Mail at no extra charge. Please keep in mind we are in the middle of a move to a new location so transactions are taking a few extra days to process.

Thank you for your consideration.

Jack
Racetronix

Last edited by Racetronix; 07-23-2003 at 08:26 AM.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:55 AM
S.E. Region Moderator

As it should be in your e-mail logs, I was extremely busy with work and school (along with family matters). The last thing a working student with 18 hours of class his senior year has time to do is wrench on a car . After diagnosing the problem (June 9th) it took you until July 1st to even respond. (So OK, it was 3 months instead of 5, I’ll give you that) I'm well aware of the fact that many places have many customers, but to just flat out not give a customer any form of contact doesn't reflect very well on said business practice. I've had plenty of tact, I've been polite in every e-mail I've sent (there have been exactly 11).

Put yourself in my shoes. When I see a vender posting on here every few days, yet can't respond to a series of e-mails for over a month, yes, it makes that vender look bad in my eyes. It has nothing to do with my tact, it’s just a matter of simple observable fact. They teach us Criminologists to pick up on things like that .

At any rate, thanks for the replacement. And to everyone else, do not, do NOT reuse that factory filter sock, even when it looks perfect to you.

Last edited by KWKSLVR; 07-23-2003 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-23-2003, 01:03 PM

Your original email to us indicating you had diagnosed it as a fuel pressure problem was dated June 9/03. We did not get that email from our server until you FWD it again on June 17/03. We replied to your email on June 19/03 which is only TWO DAYS later NOT A MONTH! If you did not get a reply after a couple days you should not have waited over a week for a reply before sending the message again when every other reply from us was in short order. After contact you received THREE replies from us all to your emails within the SAME day on June 19/03.

It then took YOU another ten days until June 29/03 to decide that you did not want to place a deposit and would wait for your old pump to arrive at Racetronix door.

Upon reviewing ALL of our circular correspondence, in ALL cases except for one, your emails where returned in ONE business day and in most cases the SAME day. I find it odd that you select the one time an email went missing and exaggerate a 10 day reply into a month.

What I find irritating about this situation is not your emails (which were OK) but rather what you thought you stood to achieve by starting this thread. Your exaggeration of the timelines involved and your attempt to portray Racetronix having poor business practices. IMO If all vendors out there had our response time and dedication to customer service 99% of the flames you see on this and other forums would never get started. I guess this is the 1% we all have to deal with?

Some food for though is APART from the one email reply that was delayed due to technical issues (not intentionally) this whole warranty exchange issue could have been wrapped up in under a week (two weeks factoring in our problem). This would have been factoring in all circular emails. Factor in your replies and here we are four months later still dealing with the issue.

A note to anyone reading this thread is to have as much data as possible (i.e. fuel pressure, description of problem, battery voltage etc.) when contacting Racetronix in order to work out technical issues. This way we can deal with the problem right away and work out a replacement if required. Most customer support issues can and will be dealt with in a matter of days (NOT WEEKS OR MONTHS).

The factory filter sock is OK for use with the Walbro pump provided there are no holes in it. If a pump fails in a few weeks with a good factory sock (such as KWKSLVR’s) then there is a good chance there is rust contamination in the fuel tank. Using the new / supplied fine particle filter from Racetronix will help postpone pump failure when contamination is present but NOT prevent it. Given the age and condition of most F-LT1 fuel tanks a thorough inspection and cleaning should be done prior to installing the new pump. This just adds another reason to the list of others as to why Racetronix does not recommend the trap-door method for installing a fuel pump.

Jack
Racetronix

PS. There are many times I / we do not post for weeks on end here on CZ28.com so do not assume I / we are on here posting every few days. We are in the middle of moving the business so there will be extended periods of time when this and other forums will not be monitored by Racetronix.