LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

pathetic camshaft??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 09:06 AM

Originally posted by InjectedSS
I didn't say the board was a buncha homos, I said there are a LOT on here! Get it straight..

"drive it everyday in LA traffic and see how much fun it is when your in bumper to bumper traffic" You know what, if you don't want to build a fast car then don't. Don't give me that crap about bumper to bumper B.S. I drive around with skinnies, 28" et drags, stage 4 clutch and a rediclious amount of power EVERYDAY so *SNIFF* *SNIFF* cry me a river!

Some people wanna be faster than others. THis guy obviously want's something other than the rediclious cam that some idiot that was worried about "bumper to bumper traffic" told him to get
who pissed in this dudes wheaties
Old 01-15-2004, 09:27 AM
Banned

And to think that some people actually think the HOTCAM is a wicked cam HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA Hotcam... get outa here with that $hit

Hell the 306 is even a tame cam
Who said anything about the LT4 Hot Cam being a big cam? Anybody with common sense would know that the LT4 Hot Cam isn't a big wicked cam.

I was looking for a little something extra, so I went with the Hot Cam setup. If I wanted a freakin' drag car, I would have gone with something else.

And do you have any proof that the timeslip you posted is yours? Because a cam is hardly going to get you running 10.1s.

PS- I love your stick-on numbers in the window. Maybe I should go grab my timeslip that has the guy next to me running 9s, and then tell you I ran 9s.

Since you're too much of a big shot for us "homos," how about if you just tell us your mods, because you're not running 10s on a cam alone.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:13 AM

med i am in a similar situation but have not bought my cam yet. i have been reading this site for awhile and general opinion is that the 306 "might" give you emissions problems. the 305 on the other hand wont. i am leaning towards total engine airflow. he sells a 231/231 custom grind (dont know the lift) on a 112 lsa for his ported stock lt1 head. i have to pass emissions and was all but guarenteed that this cam would pass. give us some more infor on what you want to do with the car.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:17 AM

The 230/236 to me seems to make more linear power than the 306.
Old 01-15-2004, 10:35 AM

It would be good for everyone to try to be civil to each other.

Rich Krause
Old 01-15-2004, 10:36 AM

hey man, ignore that injected SS guy. people like that don't need to be members of this board. his lack of helpful advice and boasting ego almost make me sorry to even drive the same make of car as him. anyway, I have ported heads and all the other valvetrain goodies and I went with a custom grind cam from c-motorsports. it's a 233/239 112lsa .050 duration. I am about to install here in a week or so. I have only heard good things about it with ported heads and all. mine is mainly a weekend warrior though.

P.S. go ahead with the immature retaliations injected ss....
Old 01-15-2004, 11:07 AM

I for one went with the 227/233 with .560/.569 lift on 111 lsa for my daily driver, Ported LT1 heads with 58mm tb and all the suporting stuff... im told the 227 is a killer street cam..

You do have a smaller cam but smaller dosent mean bad, depends on your goals, not everyone is after peak HP and peak TQ. Alotta people need reliability but want that extra kick in the *** when needed

as for injectedSS, sure your car might be faster then alotta people on this board, but whats that prove? Alotta people arent into that kinda stuff.. theres quite a few show cars on the site and alotta people that just like tinkering around with simple boltons, no need to get hostile
Old 01-15-2004, 11:11 AM

HA like I would post up my cam specs for a buncha homos like yourself to see All the hard work and time I spent putting the specs together just to give the info away. Yea right.

Tell you what, when you bring back a timeslip from the track that looks like MINE then maybe I will consider it. Until then good luck with your hotcam and your 13.1
Would you like a medal, or how about an award for all your design time? That's great the that you are so proud of your stuff, as am I. My car was never ment to be radical, as it has to pass the AZ roller smog test. It is just there as something else to drive instead of my truck. I'm sorry to say I'll never post a time slip like that; mine all seem to have my 1/8-mile times on them too. So I guess that's my loss.

Thanks for the thumbs up, and the good luck wishes

Faded
Old 01-15-2004, 11:56 AM
Banned

I'm curious as to if anyone has had problems passing with LT4 Hot Cam setups. Any problems? I'm in Maryland and they can be pretty strict with emissions.

I too have to pass the "roller test."
Old 01-15-2004, 12:08 PM

whenever changing a cam i would look into a tune no matter what. The real gains could be negated if its not tuned right. But it seems your sure this isnt the cam for you and its too small, then do that, but you might have a sizable chunk of HP to gain from that cam, who knows.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:28 PM

I like my cc305 it has a good lope to it especially with 1.6 rockers. I have home ported heads and have run 12.40s with it motor only. It still has good street manners but im not sure about emissions compatibility, Good luck.
Old 01-15-2004, 12:50 PM

Slap on some 1.6 RRs on the intake = 534 lift
Slap on some 1.7 RRs on the exhaust= 578 lift

210/220 not that bad of duration.

114 Deg. not that bad.

Probably tuning will help (and probably necessary if you are A4 w/ 58MM TB.

You probably should go with the RRs anyway and this will be less expensive than thowing in another cam (at least until you really know what you want).

I believe that this combo will provide a nice performance increase and drivability should be very nice. JMHO
Old 01-15-2004, 01:16 PM

Originally posted by BUBBA
Slap on some 1.6 RRs on the intake = 534 lift
Slap on some 1.7 RRs on the exhaust= 578 lift

210/220 not that bad of duration.

114 Deg. not that bad.
I think you meant with the 1.6 on the intake = .544.

And Dan Oldham, IMPRESSIVE numbers for a hotcam car. Do you have the heads done too??
Old 01-15-2004, 01:42 PM

I was just calculating the intake by taking the stated 500 w/1.5 = lobe lift of 333.3 x 1.6= 533.3
(or around 234).
Old 01-15-2004, 01:48 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Fastbird93
I think you meant with the 1.6 on the intake = .544.

And Dan Oldham, IMPRESSIVE numbers for a hotcam car. Do you have the heads done too??
Fastbird, I don't have any work done to the heads. However, the motor was balanced/blueprinted. With a balance/blueprint, sometimes it's possible to pick up a substantial amount of hp that would otherwise be "lost."

Since the car is a B4C and I have no clue what it'll be worth in the future, I wanted to keep as most "reversible" as possible, just in case the car would become some type of sought-after machine.

I am having my thoughts about just saying "to hell with it" and having the heads done as well.

To achieve those numbers, I also reduced a little bit of weight....but not much. I had removed the radio, rear seat, passenger seat, spare tire/jack, glovebox lid, and carpet. I probably only saved about 75lbs-100lbs in the process.....but better than nothing. I can't exactly say that made a whole lot of difference though.

The swaybar was also removed.

Quick Reply: pathetic camshaft??