LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

PED 4? can anyone tell were this plug goes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 07:36 PM

PED 4? can anyone tell were this plug goes!!!

Hey people, IM in need of some help. If you look at my other posts yull see my challanges right now, Just finished building my stroker. I got everything hooked up(At least I think) Sucker still wont start. The only thing that Im worried about is on the ingition coil wires. There is a plug that says PED 4. Could this be a reason why my car wont start. If so were does this PED 4 plug go?
Thanks
Chris
Old 02-10-2007, 08:30 PM

Well, start by checking your optispark distributor sensor connector which is about 2" long 4 pin and also the second connector the opti pigtail goes to by the passenger side middle of the intake manifold. Check the ign coil which gets a connector (pair of connectors on some years) on it and the ignition module near the coil which has a 4 pin connector on it.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:53 PM

Ok Kevin I wanna thank you for helping me on this.
Everything you said I have done so far. It still wont start. Attached to the wires were the ingnition coil goes is a connector plug that says PED 4. I have no clue wear that goes. Also I pulled the wire off of the pigtail on the opti. Tried starting the car to see if the coil was getting any spark. And nothing. It seems that the coil is not getting any juice. no what?/
Chris
Old 02-10-2007, 10:08 PM

Can you give a breakdown and details of what you have checked and have done?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Banned

alot of the connectors say ped 4
how many wires? 4 wires with blue o-ring is ign. control module
3 wires with purple o-ring is mass air flow.....I just looked at a harness both say ped 4 on them
Old 02-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Banned

it has to be your ICM cause you would get spark without the MAF,
Old 02-10-2007, 10:34 PM

As far as the motor is concerned internals is a 383 .040 over (385). 6inch Rods. Speed Pro Dome Pistons. and Eagle Crank. All balanced.

This is what I have done:
Two days ago when I was hooking up the starter I noticed that the starter was not fitting properly. I looked a little closer and I realized that the flexplate was too damn big. Why becuase its a 400 Flexplate. So I went down to AutoZone and picked up a starter from a 71 Camaro SBC 400. (STARTER IS HUGE) So I went home bolted that starter up and it bolts up perfectly. I hooked up all the necerssary wires to the starter (ONLY TWO)
I also realized that the ground cable thats sits along side the starter cable was not hooked up. So I went on ahead and bolted that underneath the motor mount on the passenger side. So after all of this I tried starting the motor. And nothing happen..

All my injectors have been plugged in properly, TB sensors are in, water pump. the OptiSpark plug (4 Pin is in and connected)

Now lets go over to the coil. I have an MSD 6a ingnition. After I pulled the motor out the first time. I never touched the wiring that is related to the MSD. So it all looked good. I connected my 6a MSD to the coil using the adapters. And I hooked up the 4 pin ignition module that you had refered to, to its proper port on the coil. I tried starting the car and nothing. The only thing that I hear is the fuel kicking in thats it. Going back to the orginal post, along with the coil wires there is a plug that says PED 4 on it. IT has three female ports to it. It is surrounded by pink rubber. I have no clue wear this goes. I looked for about 30 min in the vacinity of the plug and can not find it. I hope this explians what I have done so far. I dont believe the coil is getting any juice too. So I dont no what to do
Chris
Old 02-10-2007, 10:35 PM

Maybe take a couple good pictures of it and show us what you're talking about.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:43 PM
Banned

get a test light and check everything...or since you have the plugin for the msd I would bypass it.....have you checked the IGN. fuse? do you get 12v to the coil key on engine off?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:48 PM

Yes I checked out the ignition fues and its good. MDACTION: You mention that I should get spark with out the MAF. And I think thats what that pin is. The MAF sensor, Now I do no have the MASS AIR hooked up or pluged in. Could this be an issue? Does the MAF Sensor need to be plugged in before the car will start?
Chris
Old 02-10-2007, 10:51 PM
Banned

it depends...do you have one you can try out?
I always ran my car without one but some people say there car won't run without it....Mine was a 97 obd2
I think the 94-95 may be different
Old 02-10-2007, 10:52 PM

Maybe it goes to your MAF. Do you know what year your car is? Sharing that information can help people assist you.
Old 02-10-2007, 10:57 PM

Hey Shoebox thanks for joining. My car is a 94 LT1.
Chris
Old 02-10-2007, 10:59 PM
Banned

add a sig.
also do you have a MAF you can try?
Old 02-10-2007, 11:04 PM

Yes I still have my MAF. All I did was removed the screen. Other than that I have never had a problem with it
Chris

Quick Reply: PED 4? can anyone tell were this plug goes!!!