LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

PED 4? can anyone tell were this plug goes!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Banned

o.k. SOOOOOO whats the deal then? is it plugged up? is that where the plug goes?
Old 02-10-2007, 11:37 PM

I havn't plugged it up yet becuase im not anywhere near the car. I have called it a day. I will continue in the mourning. So it will be plugged in tommorrow. I was asking as to whether if it needed to be plugged into prior to my car starting? Sorry If im confusing you MDACTON im very sorry. I just wish my car would just start with no problems but I guess thats going to happen regardless.
Chris
Old 02-11-2007, 08:17 AM

By any chance have you probed the ICM connectors with one of those pointed voltage detectors? One of them (the connector pins) is supposed to command the spark. If it has minimum or intermittent connection, the car won't start. I had probed mine with just such a tester and ever so slightly pried the female connection open. I didn't realize this had happened until I'd replaced the PCM, the Opti, the ICM and the coil in the pursuit of getting the car restarted in the ensuing 2 months. Sigh.. lesson learned. I went through all of Shoeboxes PCM Connector Pinouts (put them all in a spreadsheet along with a column for denoting measured voltage/signal during key off/key on) and was looking directly at the ICM connector one day and thought, "interesting, ... that connector looks just a bit wide". I didn't think much more about it till I reconnected the harness, pushed a unbent paper clip thru the backside of that same pin and attempted to measure the voltage/signal during cranking. Viola! The car started! I was elated! Then I pulled the paperclip out and the motor stumbled and died... wtf? Put the clip in, cranked it, it starts. Pull it out, the motor dies again. <light bulb> The paper clip 'forced' a connection on that pin, but in the absence of the pressure/paperclip, the connection isn't strong enough. I pulled the connector off and looked at the guilty pin hole. Using the tip of the voltage detector probe, I closed the sides of it back down into a close gripping setting, mimicking those female connections beside it. I plugged it back in, cranked the motor and ,"Vroom!", she started. I was happy for about 5 seconds. Then exasperation set in as the receipts for the Opti, PCM, ICM and coil flashed thru my mind.. Now, I certainly thought this knowledge was nice for ME to know but with equal certainty, unusable for any one else in the Fbody kingdom. Imagine my surprise when last Jan, (01/07/07) when a fellow camaroz28.com member private msg'd me, ostensibly about the LTCC he'd just purchased, regarding the no start condition he was encountering. I asked him about all the usual suspects and he verified everything was good and fine. Then, on a long shot, I told him about the ICM connector pin. He said he'd check it. He did. That was the problem for him too. Son of a gun....

Originally Posted by LT1CST
I havn't plugged it up yet becuase im not anywhere near the car. I have called it a day. I will continue in the mourning. So it will be plugged in tommorrow. I was asking as to whether if it needed to be plugged into prior to my car starting? Sorry If im confusing you MDACTON im very sorry. I just wish my car would just start with no problems but I guess thats going to happen regardless.
Chris
Old 02-11-2007, 10:32 AM

Hey Dirty where is the ICM Located. Theres a possibility that this may not be connected. I removed the wire from the coil into the opti to see if it would spark when I started the car with the other end still attached to the coil. NO SPARK. so does this mean that the ICM is not hooked up? IM going to work on it today.
Chris
Old 02-11-2007, 10:35 AM

OK Never mind. I just looked at Shoebox's Tech aides explaining where the ICM is located. And it is connected. SO no whats going on? Still no spark.
Chris
Old 02-11-2007, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Do you realize Shoebox also has a photo of a 95 wiring harness, showing all the connectors and how the harness is routed. While your 94 might be a bit different, it might help you if you looked at the photo to see if you can match up where the connector comes from in the harness, and what other connectors it is near. Also what are the colors on the wiring harness (maybe I missed that in the really long paragraphs/post?)?
Old 02-11-2007, 11:22 AM
Administrator

And I just realized, you already had a thread going on this problem, and now you've started another one. Not a good idea, since you've disconnected issues and background info that may have bearing on your total problems. After being here for 8 years, I can assure you that you hurt yourself by multiple posts on the same problem or family of problems.

You said you only have 9V on your battery, in the other post. Did you solcve that problem yet? Did you try using a jumper battery? See.... without complete answers, and then starting a new thread, you really screw yourself in getting an answer..... just MHO.
Old 02-11-2007, 12:10 PM

Damn. IM SORRRRYYYYYY!!!!! I guess Im a little uptight with this whole thing becuase I would really like for my car to run after sitting a year and half. So I guess im jumping all over the place. The first post I had was stating that my car wont start. The second post I started was asking about the PED 4. Now I know the two post are closely related because of my situtaion. But I was asking two different things. So thats why I had two post. What I probably should have done was asked about the PED 4 on my first post and not even do this post. So thats my fault. I realize that Im all over the place in my information to you guys and that maybe I need to be more specific. Theres alot of good people here helping me out along with others on topics like mine. So I apolagize for all of this. Injuneer:To answer your question in refrence to the battary. I had my battary tested and recharged. AutoZone said the battary was good. I went home and tried starting it again. Same result-nothing. The battary voltage now is reading above the RED. Again sorry for all of the crazy and out of place information
Thanks
Chris
PS: Injuneer. I realize that I'm probobly hurting myself in your 8 years experience. But I would respect your 8years experience more if you would not have put me on BLAST in front of the world instead of a simple PM. Thanks
Chris
Old 02-11-2007, 12:14 PM
Banned

Try to keep everything in one thread, space out your thoughts too....it makes it easier to read
make us a list of things you have checked such as
voltage to msd
ICM COIL check a bunch of stuff and post back everything you have found, more than likely it is something very simple that just got overlooked
Old 02-11-2007, 12:18 PM

Yeah thats what i think too. ILL come back with a more detailed list of things and troubleshooting stuff that I have done. Again. Im sorry for going all over the place with this topic. I have confused you people more than what Im allready confused LOL
Chris
Old 02-11-2007, 11:49 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by LT1CST
PS: Injuneer. I realize that I'm probobly hurting myself in your 8 years experience. But I would respect your 8years experience more if you would not have put me on BLAST in front of the world instead of a simple PM. Thanks
Chris
I could have just shut down your thread. I tried to help you in the other post.... but you pretty much changed the subject wanted to start some idle chit-chat about my TH400. I spend as much time as I possibly can helping people here, and I get just as "up tight" as you do when I have to waste my time moving posts off the wrong forums, trying to correct people who are making multiple threads, etc. Sorry if that cuases you to lose respect for me... so be it.

PS: The guidelines for posting indicate if you have a problem with the actions of a Moderator, you take it up in a PM or e-mail, and NOT respond in a thread.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:58 AM

You have a PM
Old 02-12-2007, 01:06 PM
Banned

o.k. lets stop playing games now....you check anything yet?
Old 02-12-2007, 01:09 PM

did u take out the msd they like to go bad for no reason by pass the msd and then try starting it
Old 02-12-2007, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by camaro1fastz28
did u take out the msd they like to go bad for no reason by pass the msd and then try starting it
The MSD adapter harnesses also can have connector problems causing the ignition not to lite up.

Quick Reply: PED 4? can anyone tell were this plug goes!!!