LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

People with ARE heads, questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2004, 03:58 PM

People with ARE heads, questions

To make a really long story short. I bought ARE heads/Cam kit from them 2-3 years ago and have still not put the car together (don't ask long explination)

What are your opinons on these heads? I have the Stage 2 heads. and a 227/234 112 cam.

Are you guys happy with the HP #'s and track times?

thanks
Old 09-14-2004, 06:36 PM

Re: People with ARE heads, questions

If you got anything from ARE you don't know what you got.I had two engines built by them and both of them were junk.Nick Agostino is the biggest liar and thief in the business, if you don't check what they sent you,you won't know.That cam they sent you is the same cam they instaled in the 396 supercharged engine they sent me it's a LUNATI.Do a favor for yourself and please stay away from that lying bastard Nick Agostino, he riped a lot of people off, ask around. good luck Clary
Old 09-14-2004, 07:57 PM

anyone else

yeah, this is basically what I'm looking for but I was trying to get some positive things from it first. I didn't want to push towards bad new's if some people had good things to say.

So, did anyone get good results from there products? The heads looked really nice, but ofcoruse looks aren't worth much. I would wonder why someone would go to the trouble of porting a head badly. I'm sure there ok?

thanks
Old 09-15-2004, 02:24 AM

I was one of the lucky few w/ a 396. Every part is accouted for and it was built rock solid in end of 01'. Took longer than they promised I got it in a 120 days vs 60. Their program sucked but that was it. Build sheet and the whole nine was dead on. I've rebuilt it since then due to unforseen circumstances (sabatoge) but it's even faster now and all I did was rebuild it w/ new rings and bearings. Very few success stories from them and their CS sucked then and now if he's even got a customer.