LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Pics of dual cats on a single cat car, PLEASE!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 06:17 PM

Dang if the friggin digi cameras werent that expensive I would just buy one and send you the pictures. Call your GM dealer to find out if the Driver side exhaust manifold is different than other models. I know my two manifolds are different on each side But I havent checked the one Cat models to see if they are on those cars so I dont know if this will make a difference.

Marvin
Old 09-13-2003, 06:20 PM

I have the JetHot long tubes in the car. I still have to make "a few" changes to my sig.
Old 09-13-2003, 06:22 PM

There will be no tax since I will be "gifting" it to myself.
Tax evasion combined with ilegal modifications to your car?
Send your resume to Donald Trump. I think yer his kinda guy!!

Are you Italian or Guatemalan like me??

J/k dude. I just thought it was funny.

Marvin
Old 09-13-2003, 06:34 PM

I have the JetHot long tubes in the car. I still have to make "a few" changes to my sig.
Dang. I didnt know this part. Kiss the Cali twin cat idea goodbye. you aint got room no moe. At this point I would be looking for some type of emissions excemption if the offer one.

Marvin
Old 09-13-2003, 06:47 PM

Ok I didn't read all the posts completely basicly just scanned them.

BEHOLD

I have a California Dual Cat car. The second cat is on the drivers side right after the exhaust manifold. The drivers side exhaust manifold IS different. I think what you wanted to do was L/T's and dual cat right The only way your gonna get a cat on the drivers side is to 1) cut the floor board and fab a piece so you have a nice hump in it like the Passenger side or 2) remove the Torque arm (not likely huh).

I have a digi cam but I don't really want to jack up my car well I might if you ask real nice hahahha. I can put it on a lift at the auto hobby shop at the Navy base I work at but the car doesn't have a base sticker to get on the base so I would have to get one from security but it might be till the end of next week till I get it.

BTW I just had mine smogged here in Cali. and the guy who looked at the car probably would have cared less whether I had L/T's or shorties he was real cool.

good luck and let me know if want more info
Z~
Old 09-13-2003, 08:11 PM

Originally posted by ZLT195
... I think what you wanted to do was L/T's and dual cat right The only way your gonna get a cat on the drivers side is to 1) cut the floor board and fab a piece so you have a nice hump in it like the Passenger side or 2) remove the Torque arm (not likely huh).

Z~
#2 is an idea that I had. Well, not completely remove it of course. I was thinking about getting the Spohn torque arm to regain some room in that area. I would have likely got one anyway in the future but if it will help me throw the second cat in there I'll get it now before I have Mufflex make the pipe. I just don't want to get the TA now and find out I still can't make the second cat fit once I get down to Mufflex. I have A BUNCH of other things that the $$ could go towards right now besides the torque arm...or the car in general for that matter. This car is turning into a never ending mod and I want to DRIVE MY CAR!!!!!
Old 09-15-2003, 06:39 PM

Anyone?