LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 10:25 PM

Please help

Im really confused on what the problem is now. I recently installed Lt's ORy cutout/catback and Cai on my 93 lt1 t/a . It was fine for the first 4-5 days now it runs awful. When i try to put the peddle down the car shakes a ton and the sound is odd mellow not normal. Same with the cutout is shakes a ton and sounds like a loud rattle. I did drive in the rain but not for long before this started but i cant think it would be that.I also havent gotten a tune yet but i am tommarow. Im also having the shop fix the little rattle from when i step on it but this problem i have no idea any ideas help please!!!
Old 05-31-2006, 11:00 PM

Re: Please help

It's hard to really tell what your problem could be. I would create a signature with a little background on your car so everyone looking at your post can see what you've done to your car. As far as your problem goes, I would check your ignition system first. When putting on headers you have to disconnect a lot of stuff so make sure everything is still attached and in the right spot. Did you buy new plugs/wires when you did the swap or reuse the old stuff? How many miles on the car? You mentioned driving in the rain and the problems strated after that. One thing could be the Opti getting wet and corroding. Not sure what the rattle could be other than something loose....are you sure your car isn't pinging (detonation)? That could be another sign of a bad ignition component. HTH get you started on diagnosing your car and keep us posted.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:15 PM

As for the opti i dont know much besides the fact that randomly the car wont start up but after a few try's it will??? i did drive slightly in the rain but barely more than 5 mintues and it hasnt had any electrically problems until today which is the 3rd day of this bad running. Next is the rattle which is just the pipe on the floorboard. I took the car to a shop and they did all the work changed plugs oil etc. Now what i can relate it to is that it feels less powerful by alot ,low accel, and weird exhaust sound plus heavy vibration at idle, and and on attempts to put peddle down. also at idle the rpm is no diffrent nor any other point than usual
Old 05-31-2006, 11:17 PM

I also do not have a tune yet im getting a madz28 tune tommarow
Old 05-31-2006, 11:35 PM

Maybe you burnt a plug wire on the new LT's?
Old 05-31-2006, 11:46 PM

I'd say check to make sure that your Lts didn't burn your O2 sensor wires.