LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Ported AFR 210's just got back, need feed back

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 01:05 PM

If you don't want them, I'll take em...
Old 01-19-2007, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by WS Sick
If you don't want them, I'll take em...
Sure, I'll sell it to you. I bought the bare heads for $950 and the porting was $1822 which included shipping and valve spring setup.

Let me know.

Jody J.
Old 01-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Banned

Jody,

The middle part of that post wasn't intened for you. Sorry about that.

It's was just a FWIW, I realize guys are picky on stuff but my concern is the internet is full of opinions and not facts. Why ask the horses *** when you can go straight to his mouth? It's obvious Lloyd is taking care of you so why make a few minor concerns public, and when you go public it's mostly to people who don't know the difference. I'm just trying to help you to see things thru another persons eyes, namely a supplier..... sorry if that offends you.

Bottom line is... i've seen it time and again that guys want pretty parts and judge them on how they look rather than how they run. On in the case of cams what the specs are compared to what they read on the internet rather than how they run, because well they never run them. In reality there are very few people out there who can judge a port on how it looks or a cam on specs, plain and simple.

I'm really not here to offend you Jody, just tring to help.

Bret
Old 01-19-2007, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Jody,

The middle part of that post wasn't intened for you. Sorry about that.

It's was just a FWIW, I realize guys are picky on stuff but my concern is the internet is full of opinions and not facts. Why ask the horses *** when you can go straight to his mouth? It's obvious Lloyd is taking care of you so why make a few minor concerns public, and when you go public it's mostly to people who don't know the difference. I'm just trying to help you to see things thru another persons eyes, namely a supplier..... sorry if that offends you.

Bottom line is... i've seen it time and again that guys want pretty parts and judge them on how they look rather than how they run. On in the case of cams what the specs are compared to what they read on the internet rather than how they run, because well they never run them. In reality there are very few people out there who can judge a port on how it looks or a cam on specs, plain and simple.

I'm really not here to offend you Jody, just tring to help.

Bret
When I read these types of things, it just reinforces my decision to stand at an arms length financially in the aftermarket aspect on these cars. It really is one of my passions.........but it sure is fickle dealing with people because of the impersonal nature of internet.

Lloyd is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Instead of making a huge issue posting pictures, just call the guy and tell him your concerns. He really doesn't bite and I've never seen anyone work so hard trying to please others.

Jeez….. go to one of the websites like AFR whom is bragging about a 120 hp gain for a comparison. Do you really think your going to pick up 120 hp from just bolting on a set of heads?? Really should appreciate honest people when you deal with one as Lloyd does the exact opposite, he dumbs down the real numbers so to not play that game.

If he doesn't take care of your concerns, rips you off or you have issues...then post it to the world. But I really doubt you will need to.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by JodyJ
I'm not making any excuses, but you've had the heads since end of November. I know they were bare and you put a lot of time and effort to port them which I GREATLY appreciate it, but you could of at least e-mailed me to find out which style valve cover to use so you could of sealed it up for me. A little heads up would have been great too, so I wouldn't have freaked out about the pin hole. I'm not much of a mechanic, but when you see a hole in the intake runner that leads up to the valve cover you tend to question it or ask for some feed back.
Great work is in great demand. Waiting since November inst a big deal.

IMHO, if you're not much of a mechanic you probably have no business building an engine like that. Also, wait for a response from the porter before making threads like this. I dont care who did those heads, go to them first.

I cant believe you're trying to build an engine like that and you're making such a big deal about a little hole that means nothing. Seal the damn hole yourself and quit bitching about Lloyd not asking if you wanted him to seal it
Old 01-23-2007, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by JodyJ
Sure, I'll sell it to you. I bought the bare heads for $950 and the porting was $1822 which included shipping and valve spring setup.

Let me know.

Jody J.
If youre serious I'll trade ya some AFR 190s and some cash.

(but I know you'll want to keep em.)