LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

post your duals and dump pics please

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 09:37 AM

Re: post your duals and dump pics please

Originally Posted by trans9_5am
With the QA1's couldnt you just adjust the ride height with them as well?

Brandon
You can adjust the fronts but it'd look kind of strange having the front sit higher than the rear. If it was that big of a problem you could put some spacers on the rear springs and then adjust the fronts to match.

My car is lowered almost as much as his. The only thing I really have problems with is the the BMR driveshaft safety loop with the added exhaust clearance. The next highest point is either the k-member or the driver's side header collector. It's all very, very low but I seem to get by. I can't imagine trying to fit a muffler under there, it'd be just about dragging on the ground.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Administrator

Yes, I could have adjusted the front height with the HAL's and I eventually did, putting the Eibach Drag Launch springs in the back. That gave the car a nice "rake".

As far as clearance for the Borla, its only about 5" thick. Another view of the pipes:

Passenger side: http://cjcfo.fbody.com/members/injun.../DCP03677a.jpg

Driiver side: http://cjcfo.fbody.com/members/injun.../DCP03679a.jpg

The Borlas are a surprisingly high flowing muffler. I know when George Baxter was finishing up his 1,325HP 383 Vortech blower motor, he tried every known collector muffler he could find, including diameters up to 5", and some custom made stuff costing $500 each - some of those lost as much as 50HP. In the end he ended up with 3.5" XR1's.

http://cjcfo.fbody.com/members/injun.../DCP03819a.jpg

Last edited by Injuneer; 08-09-2004 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:12 AM

Kain - nice setup. That's excatly what I pictured in my mind of what I want. Are those Aerochambers?

Injuneer - what are true "true duals" like? - no x pipe I mean? Is that better suited for the track? - bad for the street?
Old 08-18-2004, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Buttercup
You can get dual 2.5" pipes over the brace in the stock location. I still don't have any pictures of my setup installed on the car but this is them sitting on the floor. http://community.webshots.com/photo/...64324709pEpblc

Clearance is extremely tight on this exhaust but I haven't hit anything yet on my lowered car so it was worth the effort. Even with the cats it's very loud though. Of course, if you can handle dumps underneath the car this system is whisper quiet

sent you mail
Old 08-18-2004, 10:06 PM

I was looking around and at summit racing has a universal X pipe kit for like 100 bucks. Its all aluminized steel not stainless but if your car doesnt see the elements that often or if ever then its not a bad price. U just need to purchase the bullitt mufflers, turn downs, etc

later,
-john
Old 08-18-2004, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by SILVERZZ28
sent you mail
Sent reply

Originally Posted by Camaro_Guru16NY
I was looking around and at summit racing has a universal X pipe kit for like 100 bucks.
I was actually going to build my own until I found one at Summt that was $31 I can't even build one that cheap!
Old 10-23-2004, 05:57 PM

there are two different length bullets, which size are you running? would there be a significant tone difference between the two? also, the pacesetter LTs don't have flanges correct? should I have some welded on?
Old 10-24-2004, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Buttercup
You can get dual 2.5" pipes over the brace in the stock location. I still don't have any pictures of my setup installed on the car but this is them sitting on the floor. http://community.webshots.com/photo/...64324709pEpblc

Clearance is extremely tight on this exhaust but I haven't hit anything yet on my lowered car so it was worth the effort. Even with the cats it's very loud though. Of course, if you can handle dumps underneath the car this system is whisper quiet
Any pics yet of the system on the car? I like the look of your setup. What mufflers are you running and do you have any sound clips?