61.54%
K&N
38.46%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Question about LT1 SLP Air INTAKE KIT

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 04:55 PM

Question about LT1 SLP Air INTAKE KIT

Hi guys I wanted to ask if anyone out there is using the SLP Air intake Kit and or if you are using the K&N Air intake Kit. The question I have is which Air intake Kit flows better, the K&N is a single filter to grab air and the SLP is a dual air filter system which I think would grab more air.
The only thing that made the 2 filter system stand out to me is when people used to run twin dual carbs and they produced more air flow, so i figured with the twin air filters you would be grabbing more air?
What do you guys think?
Old 06-29-2008, 02:35 AM

They are all about the same. Buy one that fits your pocketbook. try this ebay seller. He has some good priced on K&N's. xtremeperformanceparts1
Old 06-29-2008, 03:07 AM

I switched from the K&N to SLP. My K&N filter kept falling off, the slp is a metal tube so it stays secure.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:50 AM

Lightbulb

I dont know the SLP, but... if that is the one that has the metal tubing I would figure that that would heat up the fastest and probably stay hotter longer than the K&N, which is plastic? Just throwing that idea out there.
Old 06-29-2008, 08:52 AM

If you ask me the SLP one is a hunk of crap. Doesn't fit well, and for some unknown reason, instead of one large tube it uses two smaller ones, and the two filters on it look like they belong on a motorcycle and not a car.

Had it on my car when I got it, and replaced it with a lingenfelter. Was a faint but noticeable difference in SOTP power.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:42 PM

So I talked with my buddy lastnight and he has a 94 Z28 and he told me the moroso air intake kit was dyno proven to be the best and then the K&N system and then the SLP system. What do you guys think? you guys ever heard about any dyno's on the intake kits???
Old 06-29-2008, 05:57 PM

I can tell you what I know...

First one I owned was the K&N FIPK...not a bad unit.
The wife bought me a Moroso unit for my birthday one year (long ago) because I told her I thought it might be better than the K&N. She rocks....and I was right.
Now my car that I recently bought has the SLP CAI unit installed. Although I haven't really had it long and driven it hard, I can say that the Moroso kicked the K&N's and SLP's *** all up and down the street. I don't know if it's because the actual material was plastic and disappated heat better or if it just allowed more CFM, but it was def better.

Now, if you want something that LOOKS better, than the SLP is nice since it's made of metal and could be painted/powercoated to match your car or whatever.

Just my $.02,
Ivan
Old 06-30-2008, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by IPrice
I can tell you what I know...

First one I owned was the K&N FIPK...not a bad unit.
The wife bought me a Moroso unit for my birthday one year (long ago) because I told her I thought it might be better than the K&N. She rocks....and I was right.
Now my car that I recently bought has the SLP CAI unit installed. Although I haven't really had it long and driven it hard, I can say that the Moroso kicked the K&N's and SLP's *** all up and down the street. I don't know if it's because the actual material was plastic and disappated heat better or if it just allowed more CFM, but it was def better.

Now, if you want something that LOOKS better, than the SLP is nice since it's made of metal and could be painted/powercoated to match your car or whatever.

Just my $.02,
Ivan
Sounds like the Moroso is the better choice then....
Old 06-30-2008, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by The_Bishop
Had it on my car when I got it, and replaced it with a lingenfelter. Was a faint but noticeable difference in SOTP power.
Doubt that.

SLP is a great unit. Has been great for me on a fast car.

Reading this stuff makes me
Old 06-30-2008, 10:02 AM

Doesn't the SLP intake come stock on the 96 and 97 SS?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:17 AM

I'm switching from the K&N setup to the Moroso setup. The K&N tube where the filter connects up can be easily collapsed if your not careful. I'm also not pleased with the adapter in how it connects to the MAF. I constantly find it about to come loose at the bottom of the MAF.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by TomcatMF
Doesn't the SLP intake come stock on the 96 and 97 SS?
No.

I think you are thinking about the SS ram air intake. That is different than cold air intake.....I personally think that the cold air setups(K&N, Moroso, etc) are better than the SS intakes.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ACE1252
No.

I think you are thinking about the SS ram air intake. That is different than cold air intake.....I personally think that the cold air setups(K&N, Moroso, etc) are better than the SS intakes.
Thats good to know. So, the SLP is a good cold air intake setup? and is probabley close to the moroso and k & n setup?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:24 AM

there is no way any of you are feeling a SOTP differance between cold airs. i couldnt even tell one when i put one on my car. i know they help but SOTP is all mental.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:27 AM

I could take some piece of mind

Quick Reply: Question about LT1 SLP Air INTAKE KIT