LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Question about opti..

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 01:39 PM

Question about opti..

Is anything else resposible for making the injectors pulse( with a test light) aside the opti? Both optis that I have will make the injectors click when turned by hand, but when on the car and being tested,I am getting nothing from my test light on the non-pink wire. I have been running ,essentially a vented opti, non-vented b/c the vacuum line that pulls air out had a check valve on it,and it was on backwards So when the car didnt fire up one day ,I took my coil/module off and put it on a buddies T/A and they were ok. I took off my opti and it looked like a smurf slushy inside the cap, and when I went into it deeper, the metal sheild(plate) was solid rust and there was rust powder everywhere. I have another opti here, but I dont know if its ok or not, as soon as I hooked it up and spun it by hand it ,(as well as the rusty one) will make the injectors click , but will not show a blink on a injector pulse test. I am thinking that there is something wrong with the spare opti due to this test along with all the other tests ( STICKY) , but I am a little confused as to ...why the injectors will click ,but will not blink via test light.

F.Y.I test results opti test/ a&d 11.5 , b-ground ok , c- fluctuates 1-4 while cranking over, just no pulsing on injector test.

I may be making this over-complicated, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shane
Old 12-23-2008, 03:33 PM

Are you sure your noid light works? It seems if the injector clicks, it should be working.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by shoebox
Are you sure your noid light works? It seems if the injector clicks, it should be working.
Thanks Shoe. for responding, yeah its working fine . I have 2 of them and neither one is flashing . I find it very odd that all the injectors will click with every full rotation of the opti by hand , but yet no flashing when its on the car. I tried the same test with the light(s) with the opti off and me spinning it manually , and aside the clicking I get no flashing. And when I outright unplug the opti with KOEO , you can hear them adjust or cutt on or off. Man, I gota be missing something somewhere
Old 12-23-2008, 04:00 PM

*** Update******** buddy just came over with his test light and sure enough both of mine arent working, I got a pulse and should be ok now.. thanks for looking.