LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

racetronix fuel pump in ls1 tank, in lt1 car

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 10:56 AM

racetronix fuel pump in ls1 tank, in lt1 car

I know I've posted this before,

this is supposed to be a wieght mod and I feel like I'm the only one who's trying it without rigging things up.

has anyone done this with racetronix kit.

Its a plastic ls1 tank, going into a lt1 car.

thanks
Old 12-10-2004, 12:03 PM

Re: racetronix fuel pump in ls1 tank, in lt1 car

Your going to try it that's cool man let me know what's up. I would like to try it but just don't have the time. Keep trying though where there's a will there's a way.
I have a racetronix in my lt1 tank I don't think it would make things more difficult than if it was stock??
-brandon
Old 12-10-2004, 12:32 PM

How much weight are you saving? Also, how much did it cost?
Old 12-10-2004, 01:48 PM

ls1ech.com drag race forum, Go to wieght loss topic, its a "sticky" or whatever they call it. it's the top post.

anyway they say its worth 18lbs. I got my tank for $75. I'd like a pump anyway. pound per dollar its cheaper than a k-member.

so far its been a pain in the rear. I just need to get ahold of racetronix and be done with it. I don't want to ask there venders because there just going to contact them for questions. I'd rather hear it from the lion's mouth ya know.

When I do this I will be happy to help others to overcome this mess.

thanks for the replys guys.
Old 12-10-2004, 05:41 PM

I was going to do this mod, until I pulled my stock tank out. When I emptied all the fuel out of the tank when replacing the pump on my LT1, the empty tank alone didn't even feel like it weighed 18lbs. I don't think that those weight saving numbers are correct. You didn't happen to weigh each yourself, did you? It is hard to get all the fuel out of the tank unless you empty it or dump it out of the hole that the pump goes down in from. If you try to empty the tank via the filler neck, you can never get all the fuel out. I'm thinking that the person who weighed their tank against an LS1 plastic tank, may have not had the tank emptied completely.
Old 12-11-2004, 10:10 PM

The plastic tank has some good weight to it as well.
The bonus is that it will not rust like so many of the steel tanks have.

This wiring conversion would require the following.

- Racetronix harness w/LT1 hookup at alternator end, FLT1 plug for factory bulkhead and F99 connector to plug into the new plastic module. These items are custom order.

- Some additional adapters might be required to interface the tank vapor pressure sensor.

- Racetronix F99 fuel pump module P/N RX-F99-FPA.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:38 PM

I was going to do this mod, until I pulled my stock tank out. When I emptied all the fuel out of the tank when replacing the pump on my LT1, the empty tank alone didn't even feel like it weighed 18lbs. I don't think that those weight saving numbers are correct. You didn't happen to weigh each yourself, did you? It is hard to get all the fuel out of the tank unless you empty it or dump it out of the hole that the pump goes down in from. If you try to empty the tank via the filler neck, you can never get all the fuel out. I'm thinking that the person who weighed their tank against an LS1 plastic tank, may have not had the tank emptied completely.
I accually am alittle curious myself... I now have both the tanks and wonder myself abou the savings. Which would make me a little, no alot uhh..mad.

I was hoping the additional wieght was from mabey the vapor canistor.
I'm wondering if this headache is worth it do just have a tank that won't rust?? My car sits in the garage all the time. ya know.

I wish I wasn't the only person that was trying to do this. I guess I'll call a vender up tomarrow and start with all this head ache work.

I'll re wieght everything too. May not be perfect but mabey close.
thanks for the replys guys.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:34 AM

There is an easier way...

When you park you car top up the tank with premium and add some methyl hydrate (gas line anti-freeze). Start the car once a month and bring the engine up to temperature so that the thermostat cycles a few times. Run the trans in and out of gear and pump the brakes. These are common sense procedures for storing a car over the winter.

Last edited by Racetronix; 12-13-2004 at 01:47 AM.