LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Racetronix In-Tank Pump Wiring Problem...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 02:05 AM

Racetronix In-Tank Pump Wiring Problem...

Okay, I bought one of those "plug-n-play" fuel pump voltage booster harness & a pump that Racetronix offers for my 93 Z28, and it came with no instructions. No big deal, I figured I could wing it. Pump went in, no problem. I ran the new wiring harness back to connect with the old fuel pump wiring harness, however, I'm not sure where to go from there. See, at the end of the harness is 3 plugs. One directly fits into where the old harness plugged into the main wiring, then there are two other plugs, which I'm assuming they're for an aftermarket fuel pump booster. ANYWAYS, I'm left with the new harness plugged into the main wiring, but there's nothing for the old harness to connect the power from the main wiring. Do I need to do some splicing? What's the deal?? Also, my old harness has 3 wires (1 black, 1 I believe was white, and 1 was purple), but the new harness had only the white wire and the black wire. Does anyone know what the PURPLE wire is for??? Figuring it was something likely necessary, I pulled the purple wire from the old pigtail and slipped it into the empty slot on the new harness where the purple wire WOULD have gone. I'm at a roadblock here, so ANY help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
Old 09-19-2005, 05:38 AM

Re: Racetronix In-Tank Pump Wiring Problem...

Send an e-mail to racetronix and they'll reply with full instructions with pictures to show you how to do it right. I've had the harness with no instructions as well but when I e-mailed, they promptly replied and sent the instructions.
You have to get the instructions as it will show you how and where to put the new connecters.
Good luck.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:08 AM

same here i emailed them last night, hopefully i will have everything before the weekend
Old 09-19-2005, 10:51 AM

One plug, goes into the plug on the body of the car where the stock fuel pump plugged into, then the other plugs into the fuel pump. Then i believe there was a relay that the other plugs into and you have to bolt that to the body. Either that or one was a ground. Its been a long time, since i put it on, but i know you have to bolt something on down there and i think it was a relay.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:04 PM

http://www.racetronix.com/product/RX.../Dcp_1169a.jpg

This is what I found on their site, Maybe based on what they sent you as far as the wiring harness, you can decipher everything. But I havent gotten my reply from racetronix on a wiring how to. I just wanted to say that. But maybe the pic can help clarify.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:05 PM

This is what I found on their site, Maybe based on what they sent you as far as the wiring harness, you can decipher everything. But I havent gotten my reply from racetronix on a wiring how to. I just wanted to say that. But maybe the pic can help clarify.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine

Whats the problem then? It shows exactly how it goes. Its just like i said, one plug goes through to the fuel pump harness, one plugs into the body where the old fuel pump harness plugs in and the other is for the relay. Thats you can see bolted to the body.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:14 PM

Racetronix sent me a Adobe PDF of the exact way to set up my harness, there are differences in the harness as of april 2005 so when you contact racetronix they will get you the correct info
Old 09-19-2005, 08:24 PM

I did, however, I originally thought those other two connectors were for an optional add-on fuel pump booster. I just ordered an MSD Fuel Pump Booster from ThunderRacing.com, so I haven't seen it yet, but I'm wondering now how that is gonna plug into the new harness...