LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

RE: Racenet.net - Maybe this will get your attention?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 05:59 PM

Angry RE: Racenet.net - Maybe this will get your attention?

Originally Posted by NVMYZ28
Edit: Please read my followup reply down below. Package arrived shortly after I posted this. I will check when I get home to see when it was shipped. Maybe USPS was the slow ones - and not USPS. Either way - 3 weeks is frustrating Fed EX > USPS

Racenet.net - maybe this will get your attention, since you fail to respond to my emails, and fail to answer your phone.

Its been 3 weeks now. I placed an order for a simple NX N20 blow down tube 3 and blow off cap weeks ago, and as of today, have not recieved it.

I recieved an automated email back from you letting me know my payment/order was recieved etc etc - waited two weeks and have not heard anything. I then sent tech@racenet.net an email - asking where my order was, asking for a tracking number (in case UPS screwed up or something) etc etc. I have heard NOTHING back from you.

Yesterday, I try giving you a call at the number listed on your site - no answer, phone just rings and rings.

Why are you (racenet.net) so SLOW to do business with your customers? You can sure charge my credit card fast (order placed on a Sunday, card charged the following Tuesday), and yet I still dont have my parts?

Its fine if things are backordered, out of stock etc - but you should be up front about that. Not having this blowdown tube almost caused me to fail a tech inspection at the track (which I drove 60 miles to go race) - 2 weeks AFTER I ordered from you.

Come to find out, many local members of the UFBA have had IDENTICAL problems with your business - all of which have taken aprox 1 month for YOU to make right.

I run the local F-body chapters website (http://www.ufba.org), and if this is not made right - and FAST - I will make it a personal mission to let each and every member know NOT to order from your company. They are already aware of this situation and are looking forward to see what comes of it.

Im glad this is just a simple N20 blow down tube. I would be VERY upset if your lack of customer service was slowing down a major project of mine.

Needless to say, you charged my card, 3 weeks later I do NOT have my parts, you have NOT responded back to any of my emails to you, you, you do NOT answer your phone. This is unacceptable, as your competitors have product to me in under a weeks time....

What are you going to do to make this right?

I realize this is an old post... But what have they done to fix this problem?? In my opinion they are as bad as everyone says... I have been waiting over two weeks to get some RR's from them. I have e-mailed them and called them about 20 times. Only once did I get a hold of someone there, and they said they were shipped and I would recieve them monday or tuesday. What I did wrong was not get a tracking number to confirm there story, and now I'm not so sure they have shipped them yet. 2 weeks or more is just ridiculous. And it ain't the shipping that's a problem. I mean shipping seems to be getting faster and faster. (Even with the hurrican, Florida companies like Jason Cromer can ship stuff UPS ground to Ohio in 2 days.)

Maybe it's just my ignorance for not doing research on this company, and there are a lot of people who use this board that also don't know. Is there someway to warn everyone? Maybe a special business complaint section... Or a list of good and bad buisnesses? Just a thought. ( I will do my research better next time) I just hope I get my rockers before my heads get back from AI... (Excellent business by the way!!)
Old 09-15-2004, 09:46 PM

Re: Racenet.net - Maybe this will get your attention?

Ya i have only heard nightmares about them. Great prices, so you just need a good company to pricematch them. Ive done it several times, its win win.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:07 PM

Racenet was a Pain to deal with. When they did get me my shipment. 3 weeks late. I shipped it back to them . Hell I was glad to pay that shipping...

Check out this guy. Byunspeed.com I've been dealimg with this guy (Young) and he's had match or been better on prices. To top it off he don't charge Shipping and handling. I've been pleased with his service and support. Just tell him BomberZ referred you.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:02 PM

TransAm-Z,
Some companys just don't care. They think just because their a few bucks cheaper thats it's OK if their cust. service dept. sucks. Like you said, a little research goes a long way. Good luck with the rest of your project.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:33 PM

I must be the only one who has had decent service through Racenet?
Old 09-16-2004, 01:32 PM

4 out of 5 people have had horrible experiences with them. The only thing they're good for is price-matching as already stated. Wouldn't recommend doing business with them.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
I must be the only one who has had decent service through Racenet?
From what I have read, I think so.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:26 AM

This is such a shame. I bought from them quite a few times back around 97-2000 and they were always great to deal with. Of course that's when you could call and the owner would answer the phone. You'd think they'd be more responsive considering the forums are what got them off to such a good start.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:50 PM

They sold me a ported intake that was so warped it's a boat anchor now.
Old 09-17-2004, 02:35 PM

They are horrible I just waited 4 weeks for some plugs for my car. They were the common tr55s that they should have had. They always promisied me it would ship the next day on the phone and deny they said taht the next day. Thudner racing was awesome, i just cancelled with racenet and got my items really fast from thunderracing.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:47 PM

I don't even look on their site anymore. But I have a friend that bought a set of ported heads from them a few years ago. Took them forever(many weeks) to ship, and he later found out that they farm the head work out to some different place in the States. I don't know if they still do this.

He finally got the heads back and didn't make it 20 minutes out on a road course he was racing on. After disassembly, he found the heads had been ported deep into the water jackets and they were ruined. Nothing but a big nightmare.
Old 09-17-2004, 04:04 PM

I assume Racenet and Internet Racers Supply are still one and the same?? I've always known them as IRS...

I recently ordered some NX stuff through them and had no issues so far, it's due to be delivered today. Got my first automated response confirming the order, followed by a tracking number a few days later, and I think the parts should be there by the time I get home according to UPS. Back in the 97-2000 timeframe they were THE place to buy stuff and I ordered lots of things and always had great service. I tend to go through Thunder now when I can, as their sales folks have always been great. YMMV...
Old 09-17-2004, 04:50 PM

In my oppinion after hearing complaints and personal experience, they are a company that do not stock very many items (Or have very low Qty's)... Seems like what they do is wait for your credit card to go through and then use that money to purchase your stuff. By that time 2-3 weeks roll by and they havn't even shipped your item.

It seems as consumers that we should have the right to know that they don't stock items, and that it takes them forever to get it in... Any one of us could do this crap from our homes. You give me your money, I'll sit on it for a few days, then order the parts in with a bunch of other guys orders. 3 weeks later I will find time to ship all the orders, and finally 4 weeks later you might just have the correct part.

On top of there shaddy buisness deals, their customer support (or lack there of) is the worst I have ever dealt with. I swear they must only have 2 lines for the whole place, and if by chance you do get thru, no one picks up the phone (NOT EVEN A RECORDING)

I really can't beleive they are still in bussiness.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:29 PM

My feeling is sometimes you may pay alittle more but you customer service is part of the additional charges. If you want the best quickest response, choosing a local brick and mortor store with full stock where in 5 minutes they can exchange the part. They have more overhead, thus possibly higher prices.

When you see someone selling something so cheap it can raise a flag as...customer support isn't free, or a given just because you purchase something. You do pay for it, and it is part of the cost of running a business. This cost is moved into the price of the item. To have someone there answer phones does cost money. If you want to pay the least for a product, some of those companies that can do it have no or very little overhead (i.e. no phone support/tech support etc). Sometimes if cost is your main concern, then you may wait for the part or have a bit more hassle...just something that you give up for purchasing on price only.
Old 09-17-2004, 09:24 PM

Like some have said, I just can't beleave there service has come to this. I also use to order all my parts from them and they were great to deal with. That was of course when Dennis was always around. I also recommend www.byunspeed.com Yound is the other admin. on my board. He's a great guy and will price match and most of the time he can beat alot of the advertised competor's prices.

Quick Reply: RE: Racenet.net - Maybe this will get your attention?