LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

runing wires after longtubes, #5 cyl...

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 08:46 AM

runing wires after longtubes, #5 cyl...

i have huge rigging issues going on in my engine comp. ...i have wireties runing to brakelines suspending the wire so it doesnt melt for a temporary fix....i think its the #5 plug, but not sure, its 3rd from the nose on drivers side.........i just cant seem to keep it from laying on that header tube...how did you guys run yours?...any info aprecaited--thanks
Old 02-26-2004, 09:00 AM

Re: runing wires after longtubes, #5 cyl...

Originally posted by glennxx1
i have huge rigging issues going on in my engine comp. ...i have wireties runing to brakelines suspending the wire so it doesnt melt for a temporary fix....i think its the #5 plug, but not sure, its 3rd from the nose on drivers side.........i just cant seem to keep it from laying on that header tube...how did you guys run yours?...any info aprecaited--thanks
been there done that...same cylinder...brand new MSD 8.5 burnt up on the new JetHot lt's. I tried zip-tieing it to the stock plug wire rail on the block originally and it eventually heat fatigues the wire tie and allows the wire to touch or get too close to the header primary, thus wire failure resulted. Upon engine rebuild I pulled the stock plug wire rails and just ran the wires from the opti, along the oil pan seal to the block and individually stabbed up to their plugs, very clean, neat looking and no problems ever since.
Old 02-26-2004, 09:01 AM

this is going to sound very ghetto but, take a a zip tie and tie it to the number 7 wire as an anchor which will hold number 5 at an angle away from the header primary and keep it from being burned. But cut a piece of rubber hose down one side and put it iver the wire to keep it from arching off the other wire, or else at night it will ook like the 4th of july,not good. Hope that helps