LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

See if we can solve this...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 07:04 PM

Angry See if we can solve this...

My car was runnign like crap and would jerk like crazy with ya the car would semi vibrate not real hard, felt like a slipping clutch, so I installed a SLP pressure plate and clutch, as well as new u joints, master and slave cylinders, throwout bearing and pilot bushing. Well start the car go for a drive and it still jerks (although the clutch is awesome). So I pull it in and check under the hood, wires arcing everywhere, so I go with MSD wires and take em OTVC, route them away from the headers etc. So in my ignition system I had replaced the opti last year bout 10,000 miles ago, new plugs and wires and a new ignition control module.
Start the car take it for a drive, no jerking. then bring it home check engine light is on, throwing codes of maf system failure, so I check it find a loose wire fix it light goes off. So now I go for a drive runs better but under 2000 rpm's the car feels so sluggish, should I change the coil? then go to the fuel filter and injectors?

Also when driving if you let it coast and push in the clutch the idle dies down to about 500 rpms and feels as if it will quit, actually quit once but other times it has pulled back up or I gas it to keep it idle. Help ? Any suggestions?
My car is a 94Z M6, MAC headers, LT4 Hotcam Kit, full exhaust, SLP CAI and thats it for the big mods.

Mileage: motor around 60,000 miles, body around 100,000 (including fuel filter)

The car was originally a 3.4 auto and I changed it to a Lt1 M6....Around 2 years ago...Thanks for any help
Old 06-27-2004, 08:49 PM

So anyway other than fuel filter or injectors or coil could it possibly be the alternator? I have no trouble at all starting, smells strongly of gas. The reason I thought of the alternator is when it tries to quit when no power is on the motor...
Old 06-27-2004, 10:21 PM

If you have an airfoil on your throttle body take it out. When I had mine in, it would not allow enough air into the IAC valve after I installed the HOTcam, causing a rough running/low/stumbling idle and cutting off.

If you really have 100k on the fuel filter as it says on your first post, you need to get that replaced.

Did your car run fine immediately after the swap was completed? When did the problems start, and what was the last mod you did before the problems came up?
Old 06-28-2004, 12:19 AM

Yeah its been over a year since the last major mod the problem just came up and last thing I did was plugs and wires...Its been goin on shortly after that