LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

See my True Dual ground clearance pics inside..

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2003, 06:42 PM

Originally posted by Black bow tie
Looks like a sawed off double barrel Loudmouth. Cool!
Hehe yep. But without the raspy dumptruck sound.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:05 PM

How does the rear bumper cover look without tailpipes? I'd think it would be kind of weird having the rear valance molded for exhaust tips, but not seeing any there.
Old 02-18-2003, 07:51 PM

I like how you mounted it alll, real sweet setup.

-Corey
Old 02-18-2003, 08:09 PM

Thats exactly what kept me from getting these pipes welded up until now (bought the pipes, mufflers etc 7 months ago). I still dont like the way it looks without the tips. I thought about just mounting some tips in the places for the tips on the rear bumper but..... I just dont feel right about doin it. But i may end up doing it. It sounds ghetto but you wouldnt know unless you put the car on a lift. , hehe.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:16 PM

Robbie: Looks and sounds sweet man.

What wheels do you have on your car? Where did you get them? How much? I really like them
Old 02-18-2003, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by Clubbin54
Robbie: Looks and sounds sweet man.

What wheels do you have on your car? Where did you get them? How much? I really like them
Which ones? The ones in the videos or the ones in the pics? The ones in the pics are the rims I use to have. Their the style before the newest Cragar s/s rims. The video ones are stock of course.

Last edited by Robbie; 02-18-2003 at 08:20 PM.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:18 PM

Originally posted by Robbie
Thats exactly what kept me from getting these pipes welded up until now (bought the pipes, mufflers etc 7 months ago). I still dont like the way it looks without the tips. I thought about just mounting some tips in the places for the tips on the rear bumper but..... I just dont feel right about doin it. But i may end up doing it. It sounds ghetto but you wouldnt know unless you put the car on a lift. , hehe.
I think on a Trans Am, or Defiantly a Formula no tips would look weird, but I've seen true duals on a Camaro, and since the bumper doesn't have a slot for the tips, it seems natural if a tip isn't there

BTW: Looks very close to the Driveshaft IMHO, but pretty nice
Old 02-18-2003, 08:24 PM

Looks very close to the Driveshaft
Yea it is. We made sure it wouldnt hit the driveshaft the way he mounted it. As long as its not touching it, its alright. I was still having a feeling that it would touch it when full throttle and shifting through the gears but it doesn't.
Old 02-18-2003, 08:44 PM

Originally posted by Robbie
Which ones? The ones in the videos or the ones in the pics? The ones in the pics are the rims I use to have. Their the style before the newest Cragar s/s rims. The video ones are stock of course.

Yeah, I meant the ones in the pictures. Are those still made and available anywhere?
Old 02-18-2003, 08:59 PM

Sounds pretty wicked. Sounds like you hit the rev limiter in that video of you coming towards the camera! Sounds pretty easy to break the tires loose!
Old 02-18-2003, 09:07 PM

u know the only problem u MIGHT have ..

if u ever jack up the back of the car by the frame .. the rear end will drop down and the driveshaft will squish ur pipes ...

at least it looks that way from ur picture

keep in mind .. the rear end / driveshaft swing down quite abit if ur jacking up the rear by the frame
Old 02-18-2003, 09:43 PM

Originally posted by sideways_Into_3rd
u know the only problem u MIGHT have ..

if u ever jack up the back of the car by the frame .. the rear end will drop down and the driveshaft will squish ur pipes ...

at least it looks that way from ur picture

keep in mind .. the rear end / driveshaft swing down quite abit if ur jacking up the rear by the frame
Yea im afraid of that. At least theres only 6 bolts to unbolt to get it off. Hopefully it wont be too too much worse than the stock i-pipe.

Sounds pretty easy to break the tires loose
Man you have no idea. Its like a mixture between a catback and cutout torque feeling wise. Its got massive torque off the line and pulls like an open cutout up high. I have to learn how to launch all over again because full throttle and 1st gear dont mix anymore.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:14 PM

Sounds bad as hell. It did before too, but I'm seriously (since hearing your new exhaust) considering incorporating a Dynomax Bullet into my exhaust system soon as I get the T/A peiced back together. I couldn't deal with the lack of tips though....i think it'd look too funny on our cars.
Old 02-18-2003, 10:30 PM

What has this done for your torque? When are we gonna get some shots from the rear?
Old 02-18-2003, 10:50 PM

Sounds good to me

I did a similar setup on a friend's Z28, we definately preferred it to the single pipe setup I had on my T/A and IROC.

Quick Reply: See my True Dual ground clearance pics inside..