LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

SES light just stays on

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Re: SES light just stays on

You don't like speed-density, but you possibly corrupt one of the two most vital sensors to speed-density - the MAP sensor. There is absolutley NOTHING wrong with speed-density, but if you cobble up the critical sensors, of course its not going to run right. Might indicate why you've had so much problem with speed-density in the past. I'm running an 800HP nitrous LT1 on a speed-density tune, using a MoTeC M48Pro ECU and there is absolutely no problem with it.

But it's your car, and if you're happy with it, that's all that really matters. I'm just trying to help, but apparently your mind is alreay made up.

Good luck.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by grabbem88
ok so why did two gm tech's and my buddy who runs a dyno shop which has won pinks and placed 3rd in mustang fast fords in a dyno shoot-out...all tell me it wont hurt a thing?
I guess they don't know so much about these particular cars.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:40 AM

it's made up for the fact my wife needs a car and this is the best sollution for right now.

not knocking speed density i have had my share of high hp rides which had speed density.

hell i already have a set of stock heads for it that flow over 270cfm..which is good enough for this car for the street...if i wanted a drag car i would never have bought this camaro..

so before wires get crossed between myself and the rest who make this home..i'm only doing this so it can make it to the grocery store and back..
Old 02-18-2011, 11:53 AM

http://www.youtube.com/user/BSTDGTO

http://www.youtube.com/user/BSTDGTO#p/u/14/lIMNXq_YFpo

http://www.youtube.com/user/BSTDGTO#p/u/17/ieoQrGrV84A

http://www.youtube.com/user/BSTDGTO#p/u/38/m1bKgctV3_s

i guess not if you want to see his other stuff go to http://turboconnection.com/
Old 02-18-2011, 04:38 PM

You have all of the information you need in this thread to solve your problems. No one cares about any of your friends' rides - that doesn't prove anything. You come on here asking for help and get it from some of the most knowledgeable people about LT1s but just dismiss it as being inaccurate or not applicable. Kind of counter-intuitive wouldn't you say?

I'd highly recommend you follow Fred and Rob's advice if you want a CHANCE of having your wife's car run reliably.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:45 PM

it wasn't about or will ever be about what my friend has or his credentials for that fact..

everything on the internet is right and everything else is wrong..i have known this man for ever 10yrs he has tuned my cars,and built some of the fastest camaro's,trans-am's,firebird's,and GTO's in the country..just to be shrugged off as a klown or someone that doesn't know anything about LT1's,LS1's..or LS7's say's it all...thinking outside the box is not a relative nature.

thanks for your time but thumping chests and incoherant understanding of what was explained to me by other professional's in this field..has made it clear you are all right and i'm wrong..

don't worry i searched on this site about my issue,and i seen the answers from using toggle switches and such and i get slammed for doing the same thing??..trust me i spent hrs reading onthis site and other gm sites and basically have said the same thing i did or asked.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Administrator

The part I don't get is..... if you are so sure that you have all the correct info from your personal friends and experts, why did you waste everyone's time by asking for our opinions? Not very fair to anyone here. Just a huge waste of time. You already knew the answer to your questions. Next time, I'll know better.

Again.... good luck. You're going to need it.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:13 PM

omg you think i wasted your time?...please stop and think....my problem is the internal ground or whatever in the ecm is faulty..and i don't have time to get access to one in a timely fashion before i leave..therefore i asked my local tech's who work on these car's on a daily basis and they both told me i can get a thermo switch that adjusts and stick in radiator and tap into my relay's or i can tap into the relay's like i did..which both explained to me...the computer does in fact command for fans to come on but something isn't right...i have no codes and the car runs great...like i said in earlier posts i appreciate the answers and info provided..so there is no need to butt heads...