LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Is this signs of a miss?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 03:33 PM

Question Is this signs of a miss?

symptoms: Car hesitant while trying to give it gas to pass car, ses light comes on flashing. At red light rpm's jumping where it would have stalled if I didnt give it gas to keep it at 1 rpm. Car hesitant while giving it gas, then all of a sudden just like "catches" or something and can feel it just smooth off running good again. Does this a few times. Then engine light stays on, and kinda runs good the rest of the way home. Here's the story below.

I have to get my car inspected w/ emissions on Tues and now today my car starts acting up w/ engine light flashing now on solid. My engine light was on a few weeks go and was told by autozone it was the o2's. I changed them out, ran much much better. I got tired of seeing the ses light on so I pulled my pcm/bat fuse to clear it out the other day, plus knowing I have to get it inspected on Tues. I usually only use the cheap gas, but last night I put the best stuff in and a bottle of fuel injected cleaner in to help w/ emissions. I could tell the difference almost instantly. Well today I was driving and just when the engine starting getting warm to where the temp gauge starts moving, the car was hesitant while giving it gas and the ses light starts to flash. Then while giving it gas, it all of a sudden starts running good again instantly. You can feel/hear it just go from bad to good while driving. Then at red light RPMs were jumping real bad, would have stalled if didn't give it steady gas. The good gas and bottle of cleaner couldn't have done anything wrong, could it? Your help is appreciated as I need to pass emissions on Tues.
Old 02-27-2005, 08:43 PM

Re: Is this signs of a miss?

I was thinking, could this maybe be a fuel problem also since it only started after putting the good gas in along with a bottle of injection cleaner? Could I have knocked dirt or something loose causing an injector to become clogged? Would that set off a SES light, or would it only show up as a miss?
Old 02-27-2005, 09:09 PM

my car did that. the guys at chevy replaced the coil module and it ran fine... also might be the opti or the injectors
Old 03-01-2005, 02:05 PM

No one else has any imput? Thanks for the reply AMX