LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Slave actuator question... quick.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 01:26 AM

Slave actuator question... quick.

Ok, I have had this question under the drivetrain forum for about 8 hours and havent had one response so I am posting here. I am able to get the clutch fork to engage into the throwout bearing, however I am unable to get the actuator to slip over the rod and bolt to the housing. The rod is about 1/4" longer than the studs and I cannot get the plastic part of the actuator to mount to the aluiminum housing.

My question is... Does the actuator cylinder portion that the rod set's in release or move forward/backward to allow the pushrod portion to fully seat into the actuator cylinder?

I hope that makes sense. Basically does the actuator cylinder portion that the rod goes into move like a brake caliper how it can contract and retract?

I am lost why this actuator cylinder wont go over the pushrod.

Here are some pictures...

www.akgaming.com/~kendall/camaro.htm

Thanks fellas, this is my last thing to finish before the beast runs.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:38 PM

Re: Slave actuator question... quick.

I think I understand what your saying.

All you do is push the rod into the slave cylinder as you guide it over the two bolts on the bellhousing. Make sure the tip of the rod goes into the hole in the clutch fork and then push the slave cylinder on the studs enough to get a nut on one and then use the nuts to pull the slve cylinder down tight.
Old 07-05-2005, 02:11 AM

The rod on both ends sits in the hole like fitting on both ends... The problem I am having is the rod seems to long and I cant get the actuator to start to thread over the studs because the rod looks to long or something and the actuator is spaced about 1" away from the studs. Can I release the hydraulic pressure somehow to back the actuator ball area back into the actuator so I can get enough slack to get the actuator over the studs and bolt it down.

Trust me, if it was as easy as lining them up and just tightening it down it would have been done a long time ago.
Old 07-05-2005, 08:11 AM

You can push it in by hand. Just seat the end of the rod on the fork and push. If you want to you can take off the master ccylinder cap, but you shouldn't even have to do that. Have you even tried to put the slave cylinder back on, or is it kicking your *** just by looking at you?
Old 07-05-2005, 07:54 PM

Well since its hydraulic driven, I imagined that I could just push the actuator ball area into the housing of the actuator, makes since right? Well I tried pretty hard and no such luck. I will try taking the master cylinder cap off and see if that does the trick. If it doesnt, my next option is undoing the cable that goes to the actuator and trying to press it in.

Thanks for the tips!