LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

SLP Loudmouth

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 09:40 PM

SLP Loudmouth

I got a question, what do you guys think about the slp loudmouth exhaust? How does it sound? And do you really think it will give you upwards up 25 horsepower like it claims?
Old 03-19-2003, 10:06 PM

i dont have lm but i think that sounds awesome but if you get a cut out for 30 bucks you'll get it even louder and more hp (i guess u like it loud that's y ure asking)
im going with hooker cuz its quiet at idle and crusing but u floor it and it scares u!!!!!!!
its cheap and if u put headers should sound the best.
if u gonna put headers dont put lm its tooooo loud!!!!!!!!!! and crappy sound
if u can affor corsa go with it gmmg its very good too or go with the famous borla which all have

ill go hooker all the way
please dont even think flowmaster!!!!!!
hooker doesnt give u a headake after driving 10 min
i think that lm kicks *** if u like very loud and not refined sounds and its very noticeable
good luck
i recommend hooker and corsa also the 20sl from slp
Old 03-19-2003, 10:08 PM

I love the way it sounds, some people think it's too loud though. I agree don't get it if you have headers, I'll be ditching mine soon for a different catback with headers. As for the 25 hp gain, it didn't feel like it gave me 25 hp when I got it put on.
Old 03-19-2003, 10:16 PM

Go with corsa, lot of money but worth it! I just put mine on on saturday. it isnt very loud while idleing sounds good and a constant speed, but when you get on it, it roars
Old 03-19-2003, 10:56 PM

I like mine. Extremely loud hence the name. Don't be fooled it fits the exhaust tone. I plan on installing my Hooker shorties and a Dynomax 3" cat and I hope it sounds just as good. I like the sound of an older muscle car, that loud obnoxious sound. I'm not pressed about cops cause I don't drive like an idiot on the street so it's not a problem. Best advise is to hook up with someone in your area that has it and go for a ride, don't judge by the sound clips on the web they don't do any cat-back justice.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:46 AM

Thumbs up

I have received nothing but compliments from people. I wish I have heard other loud catbacks to compare exhaust tones, but it makes me love driving my car even more. I am running it with shorties though and am not sure how it will be with longtubes. Like I said though, the only negatives I've heard about this catback have been over the internet so when I change to longtubes, I just my give my LM a try before selling it.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:25 AM

...do you really think it will give you upwards up 25 horsepower like it claims?
I sincerely doubt you'll see a full 25 HP gain out of it. They usually say "up to" meaning that's the highest gain anyone under the most perfect of circumstances would see.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:59 AM

On a stock car you'll probably see ~10 rwhp from the Loudmouth. Now if you had heads/cam and you were replacing your stock catback, 25 hp may be feasible.
Old 03-20-2003, 08:00 AM

Originally posted by EviLBoX
On a stock car you'll probably see ~10 rwhp from the Loudmouth. Now if you had heads/cam and you were replacing your stock catback, 25 hp may be feasible.
Also something other than a stock intake
Old 03-20-2003, 02:00 PM

I saw on the ws6 site a dynosheet on the borla with a open plate run and it gained around 10 or so hp, so the loudmouth should at least make that much of a difference. As for the sound, thats an aquired taste, every catback exhaust has its own group of followers but I went with the loudmouth. I probably have the same if not more amount of money in my stereo system as what I paid for the loudmouth and the stereo went on hiatas for a few months after I put the loudmouth on. Be prepared for interior rattles and seat vibration too, the rattles can be fixed pretty easy though, some weatherstrip or female half of velcro around the edge of the center console and a small strip on the dust cover for the gear selector position sensor for the A4 cars. The E-brake handle which rattled with my previous flowmaster "btw" was fixed with a strip of duct tape inside the handle to tighten the fitment there, that was really the only rattle sources I found.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:44 PM

Loudmouth Rocks

It does have some drone though due to the Sh**ty thin gauge Resonator SLP put there ....

Just replace that with a Dynomax Bullet Muffler and Viola Very little drone and a little deeper tone

It definately gives the car that old muscle sound

Well worth it for the price
Old 03-21-2003, 12:52 PM

I didnt think the LM would give you 25 horses from just adding it on with no other mods. Do you know of any other exhaust systems that alone add some more horses than 10? Thanks
Old 03-21-2003, 01:34 PM

I love my LM and wouldn't trade it for anything. You get great sound, low price, and by far the easiest exhaust I ever installed. You won't be disappointed!
Old 03-21-2003, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by SMUJeremy
Though I didn't think it is as loud as I thought it would be. Especially if you are just cruising slowly around town, and don't use the gas much. (NOTE:A4 HERE) Of course I drove my car without an exhaust after my cat for a few days while waiting on my extentions to come, now that is LOUD!

I got a question what do you mean by A4? and also how do slp shorties cost? i can't find them in the catalog. Thank You
Old 03-21-2003, 02:56 PM

Yeah it sounds like the LM is a really good system. I am def thinking about ordering one now, i just hope that it wont be too loud for cruisin around whith a top down.

Quick Reply: SLP Loudmouth