LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

sold my iroc now i have 96 t/a ws6 woes! HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 11:43 AM

Re: sold my iroc now i have 96 t/a ws6 woes! HELP

okay i got the new one on finally but its leaking now....wtf
Old 10-27-2012, 12:11 PM

is there an o ring the soposed to be in there its leaking from return end....... im very upset no o ring came out
Old 10-27-2012, 08:39 PM

coolant temp sensor changed, fuel regulator changed fuel pressure is great now

Car dose pull harder now but now im thinking something is messed up in the clutch. Its got hard HARD chatter when i take off like i have to ride it out about 2k to take out. if im in say 4th gear and start down shifting every time i down shift and let off the clutch it will chatter hard. almost feels like warped flywheel.

Best way to describe taking off is if i take off normal it will chatter until it grabs and fall to nothing power wise. but then i can punch it and it will pick up. Maybe clutch is shot and its not disengaging all the way or engaging too early? Also no throwout berring noise
or any other kind of transmission noise... I cant bleed the system because of no bleeder so what are my options?
Old 10-27-2012, 10:16 PM

Did this just start now and no issue before at all? Could any of your work have caused this issue? Seems very strange it started just as you get done with lots of work on the car.
Old 10-28-2012, 07:53 AM

I think that the noise you are hearing is the pressure plate ???
Old 10-28-2012, 08:06 AM

It's been a long time since I was under my 94 that has been gone for a few years so forgive a stupid question. But, isn't there an inspection plate at the bell housing?
Old 10-28-2012, 08:40 AM

no it has always done the hard take offs and chattering.

wondering like i said if its not fully engaging or fully disengaging. It deff feels like a 2end gear take off by the time i get it going. if i ride the clutch out with high rpms (2k ish) i can get it to take off like it should but still barely spin wheels, and forget chirping 2end that wont happen.

And i see an inspection hole where i can see the flywheel. maybe while its running in nutural id be able to see if it were warped or not?

As far as pressure plate no way to troubleshoot it other than pulling the clutch?
Sometimes the clutch peddle gets stiff then soft inbetween shifts too... maybe looking into slave cylinder too? Again i looked for a bleeder point and was unable to find one.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:59 AM

Have you asked the previous owner about it? Maybe he replaced it recently and did something wrong or its just time to replace.

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/dri...hatter-869492/

https://www.camaroz28.com/forums/sea...archid=4310972

Last edited by mrmint69; 10-28-2012 at 09:13 AM. Reason: added
Old 10-28-2012, 10:19 AM

prev owner says he didnt have the flywheel turned when he put the new motor in, also said clutch was used as well.... thinking a new clutch would be in my best intrest here shortly along with a flywheel being turned lol
Old 10-28-2012, 05:54 PM

im sorry i dont know the car thats why im on here asking questions. sorry i could not figure the issue out right off the bat.

FPR was not the issue i changed it with a known good one, it was indeed the pump.

Now the car is still pouring fuel out of the back of the fuel rail. i just want to go back to a holley carb. This car is making me pull my hair out and i dont have much.

Thanks for the help to everyone on here who gave advice. the car will sit until its sold or i somehow dig up enough tolerance to go back in it and work on it. There is so many things messed up with this car i wish i never got it. Im ashamed of my self for not looking deeper into it prior to the trade.

Close thread im done with the car. Thanks again for all the advice yall gave.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:20 PM

bringing it back up now, i calmed down enough to start back in the car

First off sorry for jumping to conclusions i was just excited about the car but quickly got old throwing money at it and nothing is better. Here is a detailed list of everything i have checked on the car and replaced as of right now

PCMFORLESS tune (deleteing post cat o2's, egr, evap, etc)
opti
Maf
TPS
FPR
Fuel pump
CTS
Coil
ICM
Knock sensor
pre cat o2's drivers side is changed passenger is pending
and im sure i forgot something

I put the orginal cam back into the motor and made no change

Its fast now when its cold but it seems as soon as it goes in closed loop its a slug again. I have scanned for codes and i have nothing, it runs rich now and seeing that i could only get to the drivers side pre cat o2, to be sure the passenger side pre cat o2 needs to be changed as well. I just put the easy one in to see if any change was made in the way it ran.

I am trying to get it on a lift in the AM and see if i cant figure out some way to get the passenger o2 changed out. Also i will plug it into the scanner again and get a real time scan of it running.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 12-18-2012, 05:48 AM

Unplug one of the front O2s and see how it runs when it's warm. This forces it to stay in open loop and will give you an indication of whether your problem is from control or something else.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:11 PM

alright here is what ive found out for today,

unpluged the o2 like you said and it drank fuel, was ever more rich and had a little more power not much.

I got over the fact of not wanting the take the plugs out and change them from the autolite xp's i put in. I bought std ac delco plugs for it, gap'd to .50 and went to town. what i found was everything looked fine except the first cyl on passenger side. It was pure white in the center with back on the ring....think i have a lean condition, possible bad injector???? thoughts?

After changing the plugs i took it for a ride and idle was better and pulling somewhat better. I tested for power on the injector harness and its got power so i guess im going to take the fuel rail off and see if its spraying.........uggghhhh lt1s! hahaha
Old 01-07-2013, 07:36 PM

bringing this back up

the computer did not fix the issue i had... i thought it did but it did not

im trying to describe it the best i can so here goes

It has NO power

reving in nutural is fine as soon as you put it in gear and let the clutch out its got nothing, very sluggish and unresponsive

When taking off in 1st the car shakes real bad, as in clutch chatter or the fact it dose not have to power it needs to take off.

It almost smells rich from behind but i have no cats on the car so that may be why i think that, i never see black smoke or any smoke for that matter.

Plugs look to be on the lean side, but car smells rich... please someone chime in and help me!

Things i have done

brand new opti
spark plugs
wires
icm
coil
iac
tps
fuel pressure reg
fuel pump
8 new (known to be good) injectors
Maf
PCMFORLESS mail tune Egr delete, rear o2's deleted etc
cts
timing chain
cps
Fuel filter
Bosh o2's

Im lost guys and id love to have a nice car........
Old 01-07-2013, 07:41 PM

Have you done a scan of the car yet?

Quick Reply: sold my iroc now i have 96 t/a ws6 woes! HELP