LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Some one Tell me whats going on Here!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2005, 11:15 PM

Angry Some one Tell me whats going on Here!!

Well I kept getting opti codes, so I replaced the opti today and put it all back together and it still barely ***in runs... Idels rough as a ****. When I push the gas it just wants to die! Here are a couple datamaster files. Maybe someone can help!! I have the maf all hooked up and everything, thats the only code I get when I fire it up. The only other thing I coulda done was crossed a wire during the opti install which I'm going to check tommarrow. Maybe someone can get something outta the datamaster files.

http://members.rogers.com/tdese739/gmt/c.uni

http://members.rogers.com/tdese739/gmt/cd.uni
Old 01-10-2005, 11:33 PM

Re: Some one Tell me whats going on Here!!

One thing, I had this happen, MAKE SURE THE OPTI PLUG IS IN THE OPTI ALL THE WAY. I thought mine was but it was loose, pushed it down some more with a flat head screw driver, fixed it right up. Also check the pins on the plug. If not, not sure since its a brand new opti. THat or you installed the opti backwards.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:36 PM

Im 100 percent sure the opti is in their right. 3rd one . The connector is down all the way and everything...
Old 01-10-2005, 11:41 PM

You sure? I've had the same problem once, it would stumble like crap. I noticed I had the dowel pin on the wrong cavity on the back of the opti and had to change it. Only thing I can think of with a brand new opti man, that or wires are wrong or coil or ICM going dead.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:51 PM

r u throwing any other codes? the only way to tell is by looking at the datamaster file and looking at all the sensors.i wouldnt know what to look at in terms of interpreting all the numbers but the opti is def not whats causing you probs if your car is still running the crap.did u try the o2's?
Old 01-10-2005, 11:54 PM

That's the only code that Im getting. Im hoping someone with datamaster will look at the file and check it out for me.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:55 PM

looks to me like your TPS sensor is shot.. that is unless you are physically blipping the throttle like that. And it wouldnt hurt to plug the MAF in.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:58 PM

I had to keep giving it throttle to keep it running. The MAF is plugged in.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:59 PM

Another thing I noticed is that your IAC is maxed out. You need to crack the throttle blades a little to get the IAC down below 100 or try drilling out the IAC bypass hole in the TB to help it out a little.
Old 01-11-2005, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by c0rey
I had to keep giving it throttle to keep it running. The MAF is plugged in.
If its plugged in.. its not responding. You have MAF code as well but if you look at the AFGS( that corrisponds do the air flow from the MAF sensor in grams per second) its pegged at 490 indicating its not working.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:16 AM

So I need a new MAF sensor? I have a IAC spoof..
Old 01-11-2005, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by c0rey
So I need a new MAF sensor? I have a IAC spoof..
I think the IAC is fine but the problem is that it can only allow so much air into the motor by itself. A stock TB has a bypass hole built into the TB to keep air feeding to the motor when you stop in the case the IAC cant adjust fast enough to keep up the air demand.. if it cant then the motor stalls out. I think you should try cracking the TB blades before anything else just to see if the car will idle.
Old 01-11-2005, 09:46 PM

I tryed cracking them open. I had to keep my foot on the gas to keep the idel up. And when I went to rev it up it just instantly wanted to die. I cant rev past like 3,500 rpms because it will pop and die. Even getting the rpms to go up is a challenge. Im going to go see if by chance my wires got messed up on the opti install. It was doing the same thing before the new opti but I was getting a opti malfuntion code. We will see if I cant figure anything out tommarrow with it. Any other input or ideas are welcome. Im willing to try anything.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:06 AM
Administrator

When you post your DataMaster files in ".uni" format, you are limiting the people who can look at it to DataMaster owners. If you "export as .csv" your file can be reviewed by anyone with Excel.
Old 01-12-2005, 12:12 AM

Ill look at the car tommarrow and run another datamaster file and try it in the csv file. Thanks for letting me know that.