LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

spark plugs with rk sport headers must die

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 10:24 PM

spark plugs with rk sport headers must die

if many of you followed my opti extravaganza you know my car lit on fire yesterday. today i start replacing burnt stuff. i have rk sport headers, which are azsm replicas. i want to destroy them. i spent 5 hours and only changed 4 plugs. the others i can not see how it happens. this is very aggravating. if anyone has an idea, please help. my car has been out of commision for the past 2 weeks, i have spent 600 dollars on a brand new opti, 80 on new plugs and wires, whatever the total amount was for everythying in my cam install, 200 on a reman opti that won't work and i am getting hassled about for a refund. i am getting really close to my breaking point. if anyone knows anything about these headers and plug changes, please help. i swear, if i can't do this, i am going to put the car in extra parking at my house, and strip the thing over the summer and just make it a race car, that or blow it up.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:42 PM

Re: spark plugs with rk sport headers must die

Originally Posted by romoranger
if many of you followed my opti extravaganza you know my car lit on fire yesterday. today i start replacing burnt stuff. i have rk sport headers, which are azsm replicas. i want to destroy them. i spent 5 hours and only changed 4 plugs. the others i can not see how it happens. this is very aggravating. if anyone has an idea, please help. my car has been out of commision for the past 2 weeks, i have spent 600 dollars on a brand new opti, 80 on new plugs and wires, whatever the total amount was for everythying in my cam install, 200 on a reman opti that won't work and i am getting hassled about for a refund. i am getting really close to my breaking point. if anyone knows anything about these headers and plug changes, please help. i swear, if i can't do this, i am going to put the car in extra parking at my house, and strip the thing over the summer and just make it a race car, that or blow it up.
There are various guides out there with strategies for changing the plugs, but you probably already knew that. I would suggest purchasing the SLP spark plug socket. http://www.slponline.com/view_product.asp?P=30102 Its a shallow socket with a hex for an open end wrench on it. That may be the ticket for you.

-brent
Old 05-04-2005, 11:37 PM

i'll have to give that a try. might help out a bit on a few of them, although i still can not conceive a possible way to get to the plug on cylinder 6
Old 05-05-2005, 12:17 AM

Number 6 and 8 were my hardest as well, I ran out of ideas so I unbolted my passenger header and moved it around so I could get to it. Then burnt both wires less than a month later. I feel your troubles man.
Old 05-05-2005, 12:20 AM

Call me ill guide you thru it i have hooker long tubes and I changed mine thru top 972-824-0793 Angelo
Old 05-05-2005, 01:40 AM

I don't know your exact problem, but if it is room in turning the wrench after a socket is on, give a ratcheting box wrench a try.