LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Speedo recalibration options

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 09:09 PM

Speedo recalibration options

I have access to an HPTuner cable. I also have downloaded TunerPro RT.

I know that I can recalibrate my ECM with TunerPro, but I'm not sure if that cable will work.

I would like to have this done for the least amount of money possible.

What options do I have? Search results are not definitive for what I am asking.

Before anybody asks, when I got my tune, I did not convert to obd1. Mine is an obd2 computer in a 97 obd2 car.
Old 08-13-2013, 10:26 PM

Re: Speedo recalibration options

Isn't TunerPro OBD-I?
Old 08-13-2013, 10:45 PM

You're right it is.

So what are my options? I need calibration and don't want the downtime of mail order.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-13-2013, 11:08 PM

obd2 flashing equipment is expensive. You can get a loaner set from LT1 PCM Tuning - OBDI/OBDII PCM Tuning/Programming Service but its included as part of a tune. I think one of the hypertech or jet type things will correct that but they are not good for anything else really. Jet dst is what I use and its $450 plus if I remember correct. I got mine used off another forums classifieds for $250. I believe efi live may do some things as well and some shop near you may have that. I believe there is one other player that flashes the obd2 ltx. Dealership may do it as well. Might be worth talking to Solomon of the link I provided as he may do the loaner and change your speedo and fan turn ons for a better price(or other simple things to help it be more cost effective) or just get the full tune package.

Posted from Camaroz28.com App for Android
Old 08-14-2013, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by slick1hunting
obd2 flashing equipment is expensive. You can get a loaner set from LT1 PCM Tuning - OBDI/OBDII PCM Tuning/Programming Service but its included as part of a tune. I think one of the hypertech or jet type things will correct that but they are not good for anything else really. Jet dst is what I use and its $450 plus if I remember correct. I got mine used off another forums classifieds for $250. I believe efi live may do some things as well and some shop near you may have that. I believe there is one other player that flashes the obd2 ltx. Dealership may do it as well. Might be worth talking to Solomon of the link I provided as he may do the loaner and change your speedo and fan turn ons for a better price(or other simple things to help it be more cost effective) or just get the full tune package.

Posted from Camaroz28.com App for Android
I see. Well I have a madtuner tune on the car now and to my knowledge I can mail it to him and he will recalibrate it for pretty cheap, I just wanted to avoid downtime and have it down asap and easily as possible.

I guess staying with the obd2 was a mistake. Wish I would have gone obd1 when I got my tune.