LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Starter goes click 10 times then starts, possible fix!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 05:46 PM

Starter goes click 10 times then starts, possible fix!!

Well i had new front tires put on my T/A and after slapping the guys for putting em on rolling backwards (theyre directional), they procede to switch rims to the opposite sides of the car, now they notice both tires say, THIS SIDE FACING INWARDS. So now theyre ALL confused i tell the workers and managers whats going on ( kid mounted em with the inside edge facing out and on top of it had them rolling backwards!!!! They say sorry sorry sorry etc, so im mad cause i was in a lil of a hurry. I tell em i think i should get some sorta discount since i was jerked aorund for 2 hours on a 20 minute job. They say well if you bought the tires from us it would be different (i had 2 good used tires put on i got at a good price) etc etc etc so now im a lil upset..... I get back in my car and my ABS INOP light is constantly on, before it would come on after a few feet of driving. I start the car a few times drive back n forth a lil, nothing changes. So i decide to be a stroke and go blame them for my ABS light. The guy was pretty cool, i told em i wante to take it tto my mechanic and if we found anything id be contacting them, the guys liek well let us look at it first etc etc. They throw it up pull the wheels, and find the passenger front ABS sensor half way out, they push it in it clicks and no more ABS light ( i was about to start fighting my ABS INOP light that came up here n there. Well all of a sudden i notice my cold start problem is gone all of a sudden after this fix!!! So i dunno if anyone else is having that problem and has an intermittent ABS light problem also, this may be it.

just passing along some info i found, in case anyone searches and comes across this or something. I know alot of people have been complaining about the starter clicking a bunch of times without actually craning, but after 10 trys it would crank over finally.