LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Stealthram VS Carb Single Plane EFI intake

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 12:13 PM

Stealthram VS Carb Single Plane EFI intake

I looking to build a 383 ci LT1 for my 1995 Caprice 9C1 but as you know I am not a fan of the Stock LTx intake manifold. My goal is to get 420 RWHP and over 400 RWTQ. Not sure on what heads to use a pair of Advanced Induction alum stockers or a set of AFR's 195 CC Eliminators or TFS 21* heads.

I was real sweet on the Holley Stealthram and I have the room for it under the hood. But I learned that it has the same poor air distribution issues as the stock LT1/LT4 intake has. In that especially at part throttle the rear (4) cylinders get straved for air than the front cylinders that are closer to the throttle body.

Than I got on the Carb Style Single Plane EFI intake bandwagon with a progressive 4 barrel throttle body. Here most guys say don't bother with this setup inless you intend to build a max effort motor in a car that is trailered to the track not in daily driver which my car is.

Please tell in your opinion what do you think is the best for my application???
Old 01-11-2010, 03:25 PM

Those numbers are easily achieved with well ported stock heads, stock intake, the right custom camshaft, all working together with complimenting parts. AI or Lloyd Elliott can get you there, I suggest talking to both and go with who you want.

In my opinion you'd be throwing your money away going with anything other than the stock style intake. Although porting it may help you reach your goal.

-Dustin-
Old 01-11-2010, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bersaglieri
Those numbers are easily achieved with well ported stock heads, stock intake, the right custom camshaft, all working together with complimenting parts. AI or Lloyd Elliott can get you there, I suggest talking to both and go with who you want.

In my opinion you'd be throwing your money away going with anything other than the stock style intake. Although porting it may help you reach your goal.

-Dustin-
Bingo. I said the same thing over at tech.