stumped badly.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 08:30 AM

Re: stumped badly.....

The weird thing is its not misfiring all the time
That's why it dynoed higher when cold. Once it heats up the wires broke down
Old 07-28-2011, 08:38 AM

Have you listened to anything anyone has had to say?
Old 07-28-2011, 08:53 AM

I have. I need a wire orientation for the black/grey plugs that connects too the coil. This is where the tach is hooked in and im sure it was not hooked up correctly. There has to be a short in the wires going too the coil. Im not too handybwith a multimeter but i guess ill try too find howto diagnose faulty wiring for the coil. Problem is i don't know which colored wires should read. I was gonna look for a diagram and rewire them back too the ecu . I know thisbisvwhere my problem lies. Obviously with it misfiring gas is going too contaminate the oil. The injectors were checked with a "noid" light? They all pulsed very evenly. I may even have it wired correctly but the wires are so jacked up that they're still arcing. I need too find info on shoeboxs site on which wires too test going too the coil.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:58 AM

Theyre not color coded and don't match up too the same color wires. Does the black ground on the stud for the icm actually tap into the grey plug? I don't think they grounded the coil itself
Old 07-28-2011, 09:00 AM

I give up.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:17 AM

Nevermind they are all colorcoded. There has too be a short. Cylinder 6 is burnt straight through. I know nothing bout electrical.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:30 AM

What exactly are u saying? The only thing that i haven't done is ohm out the coil simply because i don't know how. I know thatvit doesn't make a difference if i have a gm coil on it or the msd. I am not a mechanic by no means. Cylinder 6 is burnt too a crisp. With one wire burnt would it make other wires arc including the coil wire? Im at a loss right now maybe the routing is leaving thevwires too close too the header. Im going too pull my headers and wrap them too try and top burning these wires off. The motor doesn't overheat but thevtune is so rich at idle that its dumping fuel into the exhaust and when it does lean out and have good spark it burns the fuel in the headers making them superhot. Im probably just routing wrong and ill solve the issue with header wrap.
Old 07-28-2011, 09:31 AM

All my issues lie on the passenger side of the car so it must be the routing.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Administrator

Put the whole message in one post. If you leave something out, go back and edit the post. There is no need to post 5 times in a row, adding more info. This is getting ridiculous.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:48 PM

can we just lock the thread or something. he hasn't listened to anyone here.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:36 AM

How bout just ban my account. Do you realize how hard it is too post off a mobile phone. Thanks for the help. Yes it was a routing problem and a problem with the tune. But im sick of people on here running others down because they know more about a vehicle than others. Honestly i don't even give a flying **** at this point and its quite obvious that your main effort as of late is too push my ****ing buttons rather than help i plan on removing my account if possible after this long post. What id the point of insulting someone over a forum? Does it make u feel better once u get him from a ****ty day at work? This forum has great information but most of you guys are just flat out *******s behind computer monitors. If you treated someone like tha face too face you best believe there would be a bloody nose behind it. Do me a favor almighty moderator erase me from your heavenly site and bad mmouth me once im gone. I have been nothing but polite too everyone but apparhently it takes morebthan politeness too receive respect. So **** you all and have a wonderful day douche bags
Old 07-29-2011, 11:52 AM

No one is insulting you...find an insult in this post - you can't. We're pointing out the fact that you aren't doing most of what we suggested. You've blamed just about everything, continue to have problems, but don't post whether or not you did the recommended diagnosis OR if you did, what the results were. You blame things that we tell you can't be the problem, then NEEDLESSLY spend money on replacing them, and then get overly frustrated when you say you've spent XXX amount of $$$. Whose fault is that?

The fact that you may have an electrical issue and you aren't electrically inclined only further frustrates the people trying to help. I will admire the fact that you are determined to find the cause of your problem yourself, but with your limited skill and experience perhaps it is best to let someone familiar with these cars work on it.