LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Super Vic and Elbow not lining up?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 04:51 PM

Super Vic and Elbow not lining up?????

Hey guys I just got my 90MM polished Accufab TB and PTE 100 Degree 4150 flange elbow IAC and TPS today. I have had the Super Vic PN 2925 for a few weeks now and I go out to my shop to bolt up everything. Heres the Problem for some reason my elbow does NOT line up with the Bolt holes of the Super VIC????? Many have done this and for some reason the 4 bolt holes are off. I plan on getting the elbow milled but can this be corrected or did RaceProvenMotorsports send me a different flange elbow than what I had asked for???????
Hey Brett, Can you email me again on the specs for doing the rest of the setup, My email account lost all information in its SAVES FILE I am ready to send you THIS BABY. I think I remember the prices but could you resend them to me at Bencharles_10@hotmail.com. Thanks I will email you back With a Few questions, Thanks
Old 09-09-2005, 04:52 PM

Re: Super Vic and Elbow not lining up?????

Opps posted this ON my brothers screen name, lol
Old 09-09-2005, 08:44 PM

Wow Figured it out, I feel kinda of Dumb now they sent me a Sideways facing Elbow instead of a Forward facing 90MM. O well, gotta send it back now to get it replaced.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:11 PM

I was just about to say that.
Let us know how you set-up turns out.
Im doing the same set-up pretty much.
I should have it all done within 2 weeks. Then have to put her all together.
Old 09-09-2005, 09:30 PM

Hey asudecat I remember you saying you ordered all of the same stuff too. Looking at your setup and car, you have a very similiar car to me as well, IS yours a TA or camaro. I also have OEM Z06 wheels like you too, lol I plan on taking alot of pics while I am putting it together, I plan on sending it out to Brett hear this week. This whole intake setup is pretty costly (around 1,500) I plan on have Lloyd do my 195 AFR's and super vic at the same time. IS brett doing your conversion, if he is ask him about the carbon fiber pieace, looks Sweet . If you have any problems PM or email me, I will do the same to you If I can't figure something out, lol Later
Old 09-09-2005, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Hey asudecat I remember you saying you ordered all of the same stuff too. Looking at your setup and car, you have a very similiar car to me as well, IS yours a TA or camaro. I also have OEM Z06 wheels like you too, lol I plan on taking alot of pics while I am putting it together, I plan on sending it out to Brett hear this week. This whole intake setup is pretty costly (around 1,500) I plan on have Lloyd do my 195 AFR's and super vic at the same time. IS brett doing your conversion, if he is ask him about the carbon fiber pieace, looks Sweet . If you have any problems PM or email me, I will do the same to you If I can't figure something out, lol Later

I think My set-up cost me around $1200. My engine builder is doing mine (LME). I sent him that 100*elbow, Super Vic, 90mmTB, TPS, IAC.
They are also removing the thermo housing and putting a LME logo which I thought was pretty sweet. They are also doing my dart heads and 396 block. So Im getting a pretty good deal since im spending all this money with them. I should be pushing the 500rwhp mark. The bad thing is I wont be able to get my 9" true trac till christmas. Also driveshaft
We havent exactly decided on a cam yet. But I want something around a 239/245 and over .600 lift
What cam are you going with? Im sure a nice one from Bret. I sure would like to have gotten one from Bret.
Also what kind of air Intake set-up are you going with?
I am leaning with the 85mm Maf and to a LS1 K&N Kit. It looks to be the simplest and should work pretty well.

Last edited by asudecat; 09-12-2005 at 11:13 PM.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:29 PM

Yea bret told me about that Carbone Fiber Heat shield. Looks awesome.
I should be getting my Black Z06 wheels in pretty soon.
My car was a 96 formula, but will now look like a 2002 Trans am, and yes I wanted to keep it a formula, but my trans am parts were so cheap I couldnt say no.
I will take many pics myself and post when I get them going. Im very busy now with School and Track.
And yes very costly but I think well worth in the end. We'll see