LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

SVO injector questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 06:08 PM

SVO injector questions

I have a couple of questions about the motorsports injectors. I'm looking at new ones and trying to decide between 30lb and 24lb. I can get them both for the same price, right now I just have bolt on mods, possibly in a year or 2 I might throw a mild cam in the car. You guys think I should go with 30 or would the 24's be sufficient? If i do stick with 24's, would I have to do anything to the computer to compensate for them, or will they act the same as the stockers even though they're motorsports? I have my car tuned by pcmforless, so getting the comp retuned is no big deal, I was just curious.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:19 PM

Re: SVO injector questions

dont sweat replacing injectors yet.
but...
they will bolt right in too the stock harness and rails without issue
with the 30's, you will need the pcm recalibrated for the new injectors
24's might need recalibration also because the SVO injectors are rated at 39psi of pressure at the rail and our cars are rated at 43.5...that could skew some of the "parameters"...someone with more knowledge about that will have a better answer for you then me tho

if you do buy some, get the 30's. they will allow for more growth in the future. its easier too take fuel away then it is too add fuel you cant support

but IMO, since you have 24's stock...i wouldnt worry about changing them even after swapping cams. unless you have proof that the stock injectors are being over worked thru real time data logging

if you look in the 5.0 fuel section of www.gefracing.com you can find the 30's new for $199...thats the cheapest place i've ever seen them online
Old 08-09-2005, 09:25 PM

Re: SVO injector questions

Well the main reason I'm replacing them is one or more of them is leaking down when she sits. Should have mentioned that in the first post. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out and when I decide I'll most likely get it from them.