LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

is the tornado just bs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 12:54 AM

my friend got one
got lodged in throttle body
Old 10-31-2003, 01:01 AM

I just took a crap.. When I flushed the toilet I noticed the "swirling motion"... the terd seemed to go down alot smoother with the swirling motion... Is this similar to anything the tornado does?? Maybe I should throw one in the toilet?

Last edited by CoUnTryMuZiCZ28; 10-31-2003 at 01:04 AM.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:04 AM

Originally posted by NewbieWar
heh u wanna maximize air flow get a supercharger
An electric supercharger?
Old 10-31-2003, 01:12 AM

heh no not an electric one, its the magnitized one, u dont even need hook it up, it works all by its self
Old 10-31-2003, 01:57 AM

Originally posted by CoUnTryMuZiCZ28
I just took a crap.. When I flushed the toilet I noticed the "swirling motion"... the terd seemed to go down alot smoother with the swirling motion... Is this similar to anything the tornado does?? Maybe I should throw one in the toilet?
you have to have the right combination of water - terd mixture in order to get a good even flow!
Old 10-31-2003, 02:54 AM

Originally posted by NewbieWar
heh u wanna maximize air flow get a supercharger
well said my friend. the only use for the tornado is to put it infront of your butt when you fart so the stench distributes better. LOL sorry it had to come out...
Old 10-31-2003, 08:44 AM

Old 10-31-2003, 09:15 AM

thats awesome
Old 10-31-2003, 09:33 AM

You guys got it all wrong. All you have to do is put a live frog in the throttle body and then poke a hole in the intake elbow and run a line filled with helium and sugar/cinnamon into it. Duh. Instang 392 hp...at the wheels.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:42 AM

Re: Re: is the tornado just bs?

Originally posted by GREGG 97Z
I don't know about you guys but after I added the Tornado and my fuel line magnet gismo (which straightens out the fuel atoms ) I picked up 10rwhp and gained 3mpg
I love to watch those ridiculous infomercials. It reinforces my belief in the gullibility of the masses. How else could one explain 8 years of Bill Clinton?
In the Tornado demo, the water drains faster with a vortex because the air is displaced from the bottom bottle easier. You could get the same effect if you suspended a straw between the two bottles to vent the air.
As for the inline fuel magnet, I've been a chemist for 25 years and I've never seen a hand-held magnet that could influence a non-polar hydrocarbon like gasoline. Now crank up the Gauss and you can make the atoms in gasoline flip up and down at will. The principle is called nuclear magnetic resonance........unfortunately, the equipment necessary to do so won't fit in the car and it wouldn't help even if you could. So, overall, I'd say
Old 10-31-2003, 09:53 AM

trust me guys, I had a tornado k-85 unit in my 1LE intake elbow. I aquired it for free, but it definitely sapped power. It was amazing the difference when I took the tornado OUT of the intake elbow! The stupid thing is a waste of money.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:59 AM

Just to add to the BS list.

That Prolong challenge where they drained the oil supposedly. During the attempt to recreate that scenario the engine lasted maybe 13 minutes. That test where they show the lubrication ability on the spinningbearing....chlorox bleach will actaually perform better than Prolong in the test, but you aren't about to put bleach in your engine....

Z-Max....Proven to be mineral water with colored dye. Yet they still sell it at Pep Boys. The actual unbiased report they quote in the commercial is actually selectively quoted. If you read the whole report it actaully says that Z-max increases friction in the engine.

Who was the guy in the Tornado commercial that ran the auto school? The town that put the tornado in their government vehicles? Where do they find these people?

Oh here's a good one. Shelby is actually using Z-max in all his Series 1 sports cars. The car itself is proving to be a disaster. Talk about selling out your name!!

Last edited by Joe K. 96 Zeee!!; 10-31-2003 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:13 AM

the tornado is a POS it doesnt work at all, me and a few freinds dyno'd with it in and lost like 15hp made more hp with out it, so if anyone baught it i am sorry but that was a waste of money.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:29 AM

Originally posted by nitropatch
the tornado is a POS it doesnt work at all, me and a few freinds dyno'd with it in and lost like 15hp made more hp with out it, so if anyone baught it i am sorry but that was a waste of money.
Do you have the before/after dyno sheets with it?
Old 10-31-2003, 10:58 AM

yes it is just bs, it does swirl the air but that's it. A machine shop I found online tested this nonsensene with a head flow setup and it absolutely did not increase any flow, just swirled the air which did nothing once inside the intake/heads anyway due to turbulence altercation from casting shapes etc etc. They sure make it convincing though on their tornado commercials

Quick Reply: is the tornado just bs?