LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

TPS Issue... check THIS out...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 02:01 AM

TPS Issue... check THIS out...

Ok, I was runnin down the freeway onramp, WOT, and my car hit 2nd gear... then almost immediately it went straight to 4th gear, bogged, and threw a check engine light... when i let off the gas, and shifted down to 3rd, the light went away, but the car wouldnt shift down again unless it was manual, as in, at WOT it wouldnt shift down to 2nd or 3rd... and when i came to a stop, and hit the gas to pull away from the stop sign, 1st gear would take me up to about 4000 RPMs before it would shift into 2nd... and that was how it was through all my gears. Thats a bad thing when your driving right next to a cop........ i was going down to the shop to get my codes read, and a cop was on the left of me as im bangin 4200 RPMs and that "chirp" into 2nd.... i honestly thought it was over.... another thing it would do, if i reset the computer, and never hit WOT, it wouldnt give me those problems anymore... but as soon as i punched it through 2nd gear.... same ol crap again. so i get to the shop, he reads my codes, and finds out it was my TPS sensor.... all that time i was thinking it was serious tranny related... and it was a part that i had replaced less than 2 weeks ago!!!!!!! i got it from kragen, for about 28 bucks as a measure of preventative maintenence... something cheap, and easy to install that would keep me out of the way of being stuck on the side of the road one day for something stupid like that..... the cap on the side actually blew off, and all the internals were exposed.... that was the problem... just wanted to put that bit of info out there for those who may have the same issue in the future.... oh... and never buy a TPS sensor from kragen