LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Trouble codes, but not solving much

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 02:49 PM

Trouble codes, but not solving much

Ok i finally got my trouble codes scanned. I had to buy a cable and use datamaster.

I got 26, 27... thats due to emissions being removed so i will have programmed out, then i got 77, which is cause previous owner has a manual fan switch, that i want to fix and change back. Also got 84, which must be cause it has skip shift elim?

The problem is my car stumbles pretty bad sometimes was hoping i would have had a thrown code. So i will now check wires, plugs, all of that. Also need to get header gaskets, read on here the fel-pros, or even more spendy percys? will the fel pros do fine for now? im runnin hookers.

Also I am right about the trouble codes in i can have them all programmed out in my tune? Also i had trouble code 48 when i first scanned but i forgot i had unplugged my MAF before, so i reset the codes and tried again, 48 has not popped back up yet but i will keep checking just incase.

Also is there anything else from datamaster i could post to maybe have it be seen as an issue?

Thanks guys always a big help!
Old 11-07-2009, 02:53 PM

oh ya one more thing i forgot to say, it ran a lot smoother in open loop than closed.. i am not sure what the differences are between the two. I guess its time to do a lil search and learn.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:14 PM

Look at the wires in the foil wrap half way down the passenger inner fender. See if they got cooked from the headers. Then look at all the wires for the O2s in all areas.

In open loop the fuel enrichment comes from a look up table. In closed loop, the fuel enrichment comes from a few things including the O2 signals that up to that point are ignored.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:21 PM

How do you eliminate the skip shift??
Old 11-07-2009, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Phantom.
Do a thread search everyone does it. All you need is a resistor
Old 11-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Phantom.
Depends on the year of the car, which you didn't include.

Why not add a "signature" with basic info about your car - year, model, engine, trans and any major mods? That way its easier for us to help you.

Another helpful hint - to ask a question, start a new thread. It's generally not a good idea to tag onto someone else's thread. It called "highjacking".
Old 11-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Camaro350z28
Also got 84, which must be cause it has skip shift elim?
The code sets because someone unplugged the harness connector for the skip shift solenoid, and didn't install a "skip shift eliminator". In OBD-I, you get DTC 84, but it doesn't turn on the SES light, and doesn't affect the way anything operates. If you want to get rid of the code, all you really need to do is put a 2,000 ohm resistor across the harness pins.

The problem is my car stumbles pretty bad sometimes was hoping i would have had a thrown code. So i will now check wires, plugs, all of that. Also need to get header gaskets, read on here the fel-pros, or even more spendy percys? will the fel pros do fine for now? im runnin hookers.

oh ya one more thing i forgot to say, it ran a lot smoother in open loop than closed.. i am not sure what the differences are between the two. I guess its time to do a lil search and learn.
Follow Speedy's advice.

Also I am right about the trouble codes in i can have them all programmed out in my tune?
For the codes DTC 26 and 27 you could eliminate them by putting a resistor across the respective solinoid harness connector pins.

Also i had trouble code 48 when i first scanned but i forgot i had unplugged my MAF before, so i reset the codes and tried again, 48 has not popped back up yet but i will keep checking just in case.
Correct.... if you unplug the MAF sensor, it sets the code, and it remains stored for a reasonable period of time.

Also is there anything else from datamaster i could post to maybe have it be seen as an issue?
Post your DataMaster file on an ftp site, so people can download it and check it. If you upload both the DataMaster .uni file, and also a .csv file, people with and without a copy of DataMaster can look at the file.