LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

true dual ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 05:58 PM

true dual ideas

I was Thinking about the true dual setup but I really want to keep it as quite as possible should I order 18" bullets or 12" or is there any other mufflers that would be better? By the way I am running two 3" with an H-pipe for lower end torque
Old 03-21-2004, 06:10 PM

18's will definately make it quieter

how bout 30" chambered mufflers?
Old 03-21-2004, 06:14 PM

The only muffler i see in jegs that is 30" is smithy's mufflers and they are for 2" only. Is there any other mufflers that I am missing
Old 03-21-2004, 06:20 PM

Go with the bullets.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:22 PM

so 18" is a better choice for quiteness/performance than the 12"?
Old 03-21-2004, 06:24 PM

Originally posted by pelebkf
The only muffler i see in jegs that is 30" is smithy's mufflers and they are for 2" only. Is there any other mufflers that I am missing

summit has 30" smooth bullets and also chambered mufflers, but they are expensive. here is a link to them in a 20" http://store.summitracing.com/produc...earchtype=ecat
i dont know why the 30" arent on the website, but i ordered them out of the catalog.
dual 30" on a 3" true dual exhaust was still pretty damn loud.

now i have mufflers from http://www.bulletperformance.com/ (my local exhaust guy is a dealer)......they are round 4" outer body mufflers, with 2.5" straight through center. they come in 16" and 20".
setup is 2.5" true duals, h-pipe, under axle, 16" mufflers on each side, then tips.
its about as loud as the typical catback on a stock car......youd never guess i have longtubes and true duals.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:06 PM

hey got_hp? do you have any pics of your system? I would love to see the under the axel set up. do you have any problems with it? can you let the rear hang down if your car is on a lift? mine seems to be on a lift often getting better of course!
Old 03-21-2004, 09:19 PM

Originally posted by 696redZ-28
hey got_hp? do you have any pics of your system? I would love to see the under the axel set up. do you have any problems with it? can you let the rear hang down if your car is on a lift? mine seems to be on a lift often getting better of course!
ill try and take some pics this week and start a new thread, keep your eyes open for it.

i havent had any issues hitting anything at all.

the axle would rest on the pipes if i put it on a body lift.............so before the rear axle i had a 2bolt flange installed on each pipe, so before putting the car on the lift, i can easily unbolt the rear section of my exhaust.
this also allows me to easily remove it at the track to run true duals with no mufflers dumping at the axle.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:30 PM

You said you wanted it as quiet as possible. Make sure you even want the Bullets first off. They are going to be LOUD. I love mine, but the sound might not be for everyone. Look into Spintechs, Flowmaster 1 chambers(still is gonna be LOUD) or something. Isn't the Borla XR-1 or something a true dual possibility?(Even though I hate Borla exhaust.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:05 PM

Well I know I really want true duals and I want them as cheap as possible. would the morso twisters be comparable to the spintechs because I know that they do not have any wool or fiberglass packing in them. I was also wondering if the 18" bullets are longer in the muffler or just the pipe.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:14 PM

I would also like to see pixs GOT_HP? I am thinking of doing it as we spealk and selling my y pipe and hooker cat back. Lemme see some pictures

matt
Old 03-22-2004, 09:15 PM

I continue to hear that the DynoMax Ultra Flow (standard sized, not bullet) are amazingly quiet considering their flow. In some tests I've seen online, they flowed better than no muffler.

If you could fit two of them under the car, I'd say they would fit your requirements pretty well!
Old 03-22-2004, 09:28 PM

Well I know I really want true duals and I want them as cheap as possible. would the morso twisters be comparable to the spintechs because I know that they do not have any wool or fiberglass packing in them. I was also wondering if the 18" bullets are longer in the muffler or just the pipe.
The cheapest route will be Bullets. I got my true duals w/ custom x pipe done for $210.(Bullets, labor, piping) The 18" are longer "mufflers" but they aren't really "mufflers" in the first place. They might possibly lower the decibel level, but I can't imagine it would be much quieter at all since there isn't anything inside them.

Like JSK333 said, the Dynomax Ultra Flow's may be a good selection. I'm glad he said those, b/c I forgot about them. They may be the mufflers you are looking for.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:32 PM

Yea I have seriously considered the ultra flo but they are about 100/muffler. Would those morso twisters be comparable or would these be louder than bullets. they are life 50/muffler which would be okay.
Old 03-22-2004, 09:35 PM

Yea I have seriously considered the ultra flo but they are about 100/muffler. Would those morso twisters be comparable or would these be louder than bullets. they are life 50/muffler which would be okay.
The Twisters won't be as loud as the Bullets. From what all you have said, I think the Twisters, Ultra Flows, Flowmaster 1 chambers, or Pro Street Spintechs are the options you could look into. Twisters will most likely be the cheapest setup besides Bullets.

Quick Reply: true dual ideas