LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

un-tuned cam only record?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 08:55 AM

Re: un-tuned cam only record?

My track #'s are in sig, I put down 341rwhp and 334rwtq SAE on a dynojet. I don't know what it would have been with a 4l60e "locked" and a stock 10 bolt?
Old 12-22-2005, 09:27 AM

The only option that gives uncorrected #'s is the uncorrected option.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:33 AM

You must have been on a high reading dyno and reading uncorrected numbers. Only taking it to 5800 on a stock tune with stock heads will not net you with almost 360 true rwhp with that cam.

Usually the standard for comparison (although it can't really be compared dyno to dyno) are numbers taken from a Dynojet dyno that are SAE corrected. Even if your car was on a Dynojet, and the numbers were corrected, I would still argue that particular dyno was out of tune unless you could provide some track times to back up your rwhp figures.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by RealQuick
?? As far as I know, STD means no correction factor for temp, humidity, etc. Thats why us New England guys can run some big STD numbers in the winter Then we lose like 50rwhp when it is corrected for SAE.

It doesn't get cold in south Texas!!

This pull was on the dynojet @ Lethal Performance in San Antonio.
Their Dyno is producing numbers that are on par with every other dyno
I've seen.

If these #'s are STD which they probably are, I don't think they'll come down very much corrected.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:34 AM

Our dyno is within 3 to 5 to anyones. I put money on it. It is SAE corrected no dyno tricks. We have nothing to prove to anyone. His car made good power and all of our jaws dropped when it was done. Plain and simple its a freak! Yes it is a dyno Jet.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by RedLT4Mike
It doesn't get cold in south Texas!!

This pull was on the dynojet @ Lethal Performance in San Antonio.
Their Dyno is producing numbers that are on par with every other dyno
I've seen.

If these #'s are STD which they probably are, I don't think they'll come down very much corrected.
I wasnt implying you were really high like my example. mine was just showing how people up here have posted STD #'s and been really high compared to their SAE numbers.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:52 AM

Yes the numbers look good but I am with Red on Red WS6 though I would go a step further and say it is downright foolish.

There are a couple bolton b-bodies running 106-107 and a handful more running over 100mph every last one of them has a tune and the stock b-body cam is smaller than the stock f-body cam and the freakishly lightest of which is 3925lbs with driver guessing that is a little more than your f-body.

Tune the thing and begin to tap into the potential it has.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:53 AM

The search function seems to be down right now, so I can't find the other thread. Going from memory though, there was a thread that had the highest known stock headed, cam only LT1 rwhp figure. It was tuned, I think the cam was custom and it had all the bolt ons, and surprisingly the horsepower figure for that car was almost identical to the figure for the car in this thread. This is why I think something is up. With a HOTcam and some ported heads, my car ran so rich on the stock tune that it backfired when I hit the throttle, and could only run a pitiful 8.5 in the 1/8th.

I think something is going on here that you or we don't know about. Get some track times, I'm curious.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Blown_Red_97z
106 mph is what about 315-320 rwhp. I really fon't see an additional 37 rwhp from changing out the rockers, so I would guess you are still amking around 330-340 rwhp corrected, which is still good especially when its not tuned.
i trap 106 and i dynoed 289 rwhp
Old 12-22-2005, 04:32 PM

This is why I keep saying to get the car tuned correctly for the mods and hit the track...I've been to 3 different reputable Dynojets and gotten way different #'s...My track is my dyno now...Those numbers are good, though...

--Alan
Old 12-23-2005, 02:53 AM

I put up the graphs on the first post. Eventually I'll get a tune and some fresh track times to back up my numbers. Like a few guys said earlier, it was on a dynojet, and this specific dyno has been giving hte lowest numbers in the city, I was told even lower than a mustang dyno we have here in town. I dont think anyone here has seen this dyno be very generous, and I too was surprised by these number, I thought i was only going to put down 320-330, and I was amazed myself.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:05 AM

Rock Out w/ your **** out.. Great #'s..
Old 12-23-2005, 08:10 AM

If you look up in the top right corner of the graph is says CF: STD looks like smoothing of 0 or 8 not real sure which since that part is a little blurry.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by ABA383
This is why I keep saying to get the car tuned correctly for the mods and hit the track...I've been to 3 different reputable Dynojets and gotten way different #'s...My track is my dyno now...Those numbers are good, though...

--Alan
However you still can't compare your track numbers to someone else's track numbers.
Old 12-23-2005, 01:04 PM

Never said to compare track #s with mine...Just saying the proof is at the same track with before and after runs with the same track conditions..I was on a roller coaster ride of different dyno numbers..went to the track to see what my mph was and thats my dyno....

--Alan

Quick Reply: un-tuned cam only record?