LT1 Based Engine Tech 1993-1997 LT1/LT4 Engine Related

Video of me at the track.

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by Javier97Z28
Ah, he was unsure of what the exact LE1 and LE2 specs were at the time, and I believe was trying to give people a general idea of what the size was w/o divulging the custom specs

Yeah, your right. I'll just sit back and wait for the new results. Fast car nonetheless.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by SS RRR
You have to admit it's REAL hard to believe you can achieve that kind of MPH with that kind of flow on the heads. How many other heads/cam LT1's do you see running that MPH with a decent heads/cam combo? I haven't seen all too many as of late.
Marcin or xxsaint69xx ran mid 12's with just a cc306 and i remember his mph was 116-118 with just the cam and no heads. He post a bunch about it when he first installed it. He dynoed the car and either put down 350 or 360 rwhp with it. Marcin's car wasn't a weight reduction car either i believe his car was full race weight. Marcin is also from the Florida area i think so the air/sea level thing might help.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Banned

Jesus at least these aren't like Vengence LS1 TFS dyno results that show 520rwhp SAE and the car can't go 125mph in the 1/4 with that. This is track results (which is what all the haters ask for anyways) not pumped up dyno results.

Bret
Old 02-21-2007, 01:48 PM

If a car on their site with "good" heads and a HR cam can go 125, why can't a car with a custom HR grind and "meh" heads go 118?
Because from those kind of "out of this world" results I have found out there's usually a story behind it.
Let's go from there shall we?
You can. I can't. It's not in my nature.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:50 PM

Because from those kind of "out of this world" results I have found out there's usually a story behind it.

You can. I can't. It's not in my nature.
So there's a "story" behind heads/cam Ai guys going 125 mph traps on stock castings and HR cams? Do tell!

What's not in your nature? The discussion? Based on the past few weeks, I'd say you like to discuss things quite a bit
Old 02-21-2007, 02:00 PM

So there's a "story" behind heads/cam Ai guys going 125 mph traps on stock castings and HR cams? Do tell!

What's not in your nature? The discussion? Based on the past few weeks, I'd say you like to discuss things quite a bit
I don't know what story is where nor am I going to make any kind of allegations. It's just that from past experience there usually seems to be something that doesn't quite make it out to the public unless it is witnessed first hand.
With that said I can only go by what I've experienced for myself and what I've seen for myself along with knowing first hand what combos have been used instead of reading it on the internet. I've always been like this. I've pretty much decided I won't ever change.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:28 PM

I don't know what story is where nor am I going to make any kind of allegations. It's just that from past experience there usually seems to be something that doesn't quite make it out to the public unless it is witnessed first hand.
With that said I can only go by what I've experienced for myself and what I've seen for myself along with knowing first hand what combos have been used instead of reading it on the internet. I've always been like this. I've pretty much decided I won't ever change.
Fair enough, but if that's your stance it's also not fair to accuse speedemon of something else going on.

People want proof that BRE's stuff works nicely, and when it's given via track #'s, a doubt shadow is still casted over it. Convenient.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:39 PM
Banned

Javier, yeah that part is funny ain't it.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:47 PM

Old 02-21-2007, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Jesus at least these aren't like Vengence LS1 TFS dyno results that show 520rwhp SAE and the car can't go 125mph in the 1/4 with that. Bret

Is that all it went? I remember seeing the dyno numbers, but never seen any track results.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
That's because most people don't set up their cars right, they have mail order tunes, and they can't drive. Just randomly throwing parts at a car won't make it that fast like most people tend to believe. If you do some digging I'm sure you can find a bunch of cars trapping 120+. And I don't know what I'm going to pick up its not an exact science. And if you look at the pics you can tell my heads were far from an all out portjob.
So is your car going back together as it was, with the improved LE portwork, or are you changing the combo so much that we'll never really know if the car went faster with the LE heads?
Old 02-21-2007, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
So is your car going back together as it was, with the improved LE portwork, or are you changing the combo so much that we'll never really know if the car went faster with the LE heads?
Just the heads and getting it re-tuned obviously. I'll be putting on my suspension stuff (koni s/a, strano springs, strano swaybar, UMI panhard bar) so I'm probably going to spin my *** off at the track.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:55 PM

I'm not sure you'll understand, but in the more than 10 years I've screwed around with LT1's and seeing results from many of my friends as well as myself I just cannot believe heads w/ those flow numbers can turn that kind of mph.

Maybe you don't remember Tim's(95bird) thread about his flow numbers? You're putting TOO much emphasis on flow numbers.

His BEST port wasn't over 250!

Originally Posted by 95Bird
This is an average of all ports.

lift int. exh.
.200 121.9 101.3
.300 176.9 132.0
.400 216.8 153.3
.450 231.9 160.2
.500 242.4 165.7
.550 238.5 169.8
.600 230.8 172.4
.650 229.8 174.3
.700 227.9 175.6

I dynoed 427 427 dyno (cut/past link) on pump gas and 439.7 439 dyno on race gas. All dyno runs were made through a 9" and 4.71 gears so I would guess 15-20 rwhp down from a stock rear end with 4.10s from what I have seen other cars loose from a 9".

Care to explain this one for me?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:58 PM

I am not accusing anyone of anything. Just giving an opinion on what I've witnessed all too many times before.
The explanation for the head flow numbers.... I don't like numbers. They never got along with me during high school and I never got along with them. This is a painfully perfect example as to how flow numbers and dyno numbers mean absolutely dick... that's... of course if those flow numbers are correct. We'll never know. Furthermore the quote of the flow numbers on top of dyno numbers is nothing more than setting a pile of variables on top of another larger pile of unstable variables. All I see on this sight are dyno numbers with no ET's and if there are ET's then EVERYONE is dissappointed because their car dynoed well yet at the track they sucked. As said before it seems more and more the norm is having to dyno 420rwhp to do the mph that demon's car has produced.
I wish all the best for demon and hope he has great success w/ this project. If it were me, being the staunch conservative I am I wouldn't touch those ports with the kind of mph he's trapping and invest in the drivetrain. I wouldn't want to take the gamble. I would be rather upset for paying a thousand plus dollars for maybe gaining a few mph through the traps.
Hell through all this I'm being a bit of a hypocrite. My buildup will be a 396 solid roller and I'm going to use my 9 year old, salty dog LPE CNC LT4 heads in hopes they will produce well. It's a gamble I'm willing to take at this point to save some cash.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Just the heads and getting it re-tuned obviously. I'll be putting on my suspension stuff (koni s/a, strano springs, strano swaybar, UMI panhard bar) so I'm probably going to spin my *** off at the track.
I hope for your sake that the car isn't slower for whatever reason. I'm anxious to see how this turns out for you.

Quick Reply: Video of me at the track.